Search Unity

cpu usage up to 400% and twin process

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by Jean-Fabre, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Jean-Fabre

Jean-Fabre

Hi,

I am on mac OS 10.14.6 and accelerator is not behaving :)

I am not even using Unity nor switching builds...

why do we have two processes running and using 400% of cpu usage seems high indeed...

It could be because my external drive where accelerator is supposed to cache things is not plugged at the moment.

Right now, I am not too sure what I should expect from Accelerator status, it seems more an alpha than a beta in terms of perfs/setup/features, there is not enough infos on how it runs, when it runs, etc, An integration inside the Unity hub 'would' (must) be something to consider very seriously... showing what's going on, what it's doing etc.

Bye,

Jean

2. bradunity

bradunity

We utilize two processes to allow for automatic upgrades on file systems that have restrictions around overwriting running images (i.e. to allow for in-place upgrades). The parent process doesn't do anything outside of upgrading the child during the maintenance period (only when there's a new version available).

I suspect you are correct regarding the detached storage and have found a bug that we'll get fixed right away. Apologies for that, and thank you very much for letting us know.

There are more details presented on the Services Dashboard for those that use the Accelerator with Unity Teams Advanced. We are also considering adding something for other folks in a later release, but for now it's similar to what the old Cache Server provided, in that there are logs written to a local file that can be monitored. Additionally, there is a new metrics endpoint that can be scraped by Prometheus for more insight into the performance of the Accelerator.