Search Unity

Court of Intrigue - recruiting volunteers

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by SafirDevelopment, Nov 21, 2017.

?

Thoughts on game idea and if you might be willing to help.

1. Game seems interesting and I want to help.

100.0%
  2. Game seems interesting but I can't help.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Game doesn't interest me but I would like to contribute.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Game doesn't interest me and I don't want any part of it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SafirDevelopment

SafirDevelopment

I'm new to Unity. I've coded a lot on perl but I want to begin working on more visual games. Which is why I want someone to help me with my first project.

The game is based on a medieval royal court. Your goal is to empower your dynasty. I want to design it so that you can keep track of your dynasty members and their roles and rank in the court and execute plots to fight other dynasties vying for power. The game will be a simple button clicking game visually, though I might add portraits in the future.
    I know it's asking a lot to try to find someone to work with me for free, but I want to learn a new coding system, and need some help with it. Please contact me if you're willing to try to help.

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey Slysl,

Congrats on jumping into the adventure of creating a game! It's a blast - and a pain at times - but mostly a blast!

I'll pass on some general tips (personal opinion not Unity opinion).

General tips:
    • Start simple - especially if you haven't used Unity first. I wouldn't suggest using your 'dream idea' as your 1st project.
    • Test your components out in a 'throw-away' project. Make a couple quick platformers or shooters 1st that would use components of what you think you'd create for your main project (UI, Counters, saving game data). Go thru the hassle there. I feel you will associate the negative aspects of creation with that project and not your main project.
    • Write a GDD. Here is one from the forum that should be useful for you.
    Connect tips:
    • Engage the community to show that you're serious about collaboration
      • Finish your connect profile so that people can see who you are - people are more willing to work with people that are open about who they are / what they have worked on
      • Share your idea as a Game project.
      • Write Articles about your creation process.
    • If you're going to ask for help:
      • Write a Task - take it seriously - offer payment
      • Use (no affiliation) hellobonsai.com to manage contracts and payment if you get serious
    And then keep us updated! We'd love to see what you create.

SafirDevelopment likes this.
  3. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Please use https://connect.unity.com/ for collaboration and job seeking / offering.

In the near future these requests in the forums will deleted without notification.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.