Search Unity

Courseware looks broken.

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by master_rigel, Jul 27, 2016.

1. master_rigel

master_rigel

I don't know if anyone else has tried to signup for the courseware. The automated system sent me back a message saying that something went wrong.

"Hello, Unfortunately, an error occurred when granting your access to the Unity Certified Developer Courseware. Please contact the owner of the organization through which your Unity seat is assigned. They will need to reassign your seat in order for you to receive your link to login and access the Courseware."

As it stands, I have only "one" seat and it is assigned to "Unity Personal" and I don't see any way to reassign this seat somewhere else. I also can not free up that seat from "Unity Personal" to make it available.

Has anyone else encountered this? I've opened a support ticket, but don't have any time frame on when this might get fixed. Currently I've paid $150.00 USD for something that doesn't work.

If they can't get this fixed I would recommend staying away from the Courseware for the time being.

Regards, Rigel

2. mathieu93

mathieu93

Also, in the courseware for Chapter 12, the files needed for the movement of the sheep (controller, script) are missing. Think this is the same for some other chapters. Some of the scripts differ very much from the ones shown in the courseware videos (lots of comments inserted which make it hard to read while watching the video).

3. master_rigel

master_rigel

The courseware is working now and I am navigating the videos. I found a video missing.

Chapter 4
    Section 3 > Chapter Review

I am posting this here for the sake of informing the community. I will post other hang-ups that I find along the way.

4. ktyan

ktyan

Unity Technologies

Hi, everyone,

The missing videos and Courseware access issues have since been resolved in a recent Courseware update, released August 19th. We will look into the missing game project files issue for an upcoming update, and thank @mathieu93 for bringing this to our attention.

If you continue to have Courseware access issues, please let us know at certification@unity3d.com and include the e-mail address used to purchase the Courseware. Same thing for if you encounter any other issues or have any other concerns about the Courseware content.

Thanks again for your feedback!

- Karena

mathieu93 likes this.
  5. Teetee0919

Teetee0919

I had updated to unity plus last month but I did not have access to the courseware until the beginning of august. Unfortunately with me have access to the courseware I am only able to download the assets, there are no chapter videos for me to use with the assets for each chapter. I have sent constant emails about the issue and I have not received a response from anyone. This is my last option I really need some help with this problem.

6. Arooly

Arooly

Chapter 3
    Using game objects and assets is supposed to have 14 videos it have only one.
    Also it has a video working with sprites and the video is about editor units.

Chapter 2 self assessment second questions get stuck.

Chapter 1-3 exercise does not have a scene.

7. Arooly

Arooly

Chapter 4 Audio level is very low is almost impossible to follow.

8. Inclusive-Game-Design

Inclusive-Game-Design

I am unable to access level two of my course ware?!?

9. mitchell_proost

mitchell_proost

Courseware is not opening up. Im stuck with a loading wheel before the video/chapter selection page, please help!

10. LZielinski

LZielinski

Hi everyone,

I'm working with our partners to track down this root cause. In order to resolve this faster, I'd like to ask those affected by the issue to e-mail education@unity3d.com. When you do, can you please provide the following information?

1. What OS/Browser are you using?
    2. Have you tried any other OS/Browser?
    3. Does the issue happen to the entire course, or after hitting a certain point in the course?
    Please rest assured that all of you affected by this issue will have your courseware subscriptions extended and you will not lose any time.

I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience; we are doing everything we can to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. The hard part is that the impact is inconsistent, about 1 out of 50 users. Any information you can provide us will help us narrow it down.

Thank you!

11. Bradamante

Bradamante

You've got mail.

EDIT: #138211. Please don't tell me I have to cancel the test and the hotel ...

EDIT2: Right now (Tuesday) the site is back. From Friday to Monday however it was dead. I could click any of the links (course documents, videos or the terms & conditions) and nothing would happen.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  12. Bradamante

Bradamante

Is anybode else having this problem where you can't click any of the options of a quiz? This started a few days ago and since then I can't click on any answer option, no matter if I took the questions before or if they are brand new. Happens with both Firefox and Safari.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-09 um 22.51.27.png

Walbert-Schmitz likes this.
  13. Walbert-Schmitz

Walbert-Schmitz

The same happened to me. Look at this post.

Forum post.

I contacted support via email. After they did this:
    "I've un-enrolled you from the course that you're in and enrolled you in another version of the same courseware."
    It worked one more time. Now it is bugged again and I can't re-take any of the Self-Assessment.

14. latas

latas

It is happen to me too. I've reported to certification.unity.com. They answered to me. But my guess, is they still don't know why that happens. Really bad because I've got the exam in 7 days.

15. latas

latas

As a workaround for anyone having this issue, I've discovered how to fix it by the way.
    Start a self-assessment.
    With your mouse pointer select the answer you want. Nothing is checked. You're right.
    Press now space bar.
    Now the button is checked.
    It looks the mouse pointer is over a disabled item.
    Now do the same for all the questions of the self-assessment.
    Finally at the self-assessment result screen, do click in the Reset button to repeat the self-assessment.
    Once done you won't need this trick.
    Now the mouse pointer over the check item will show the hand as checkable item.

Good luck.

mizkun, rodellison and ZeFirestarter like this.
  16. jmparry

jmparry

Hi everyone,
    We are aware of the issues related to some of the Self-Assessment problems that have been experienced recently (i.e. being locked out, unable to retake the Self-Assessments again, etc.). We believe we've determined the cause and are testing a new version of the courseware this week and plan to have a new version live early next week.

Thank you for your patience,
    Janelle

17. latas

latas

I'll take the exam Sep,23. Next week is too late for me. Anyway I'll use my workaround

rodellison and ZeFirestarter like this.
  18. jmparry

jmparry

Today, September 27, 2017 a new version of the Unity Certified Developer Courseware was pushed out to all users. This new version corrects the issue with the Self Assessments where users were unable to retake the assessments, as well as users being incorrectly locked out of the courseware. This version has been tested in current versions of Chrome, FireFox, IE11 and Edge.

When you access the courseware next time, the best practice will be to clear all cache and cookies. Unfortunately with a new courseware push all of the visited links in your existing course will be reset. We apologize for that inconvenience. If you have any questions or experience a problem with your account, contact us at: certification@unity3d.com.

Walbert-Schmitz likes this.
  19. mporeh

mporeh

hi
    today i started viewing chapter 8 videos via courseware, but none of the videos will play. tried both safari and chrome browsers. any chance on fixing this? i have an exam in 4 days :-|

20. MadaDaz3D

MadaDaz3D

Same here - videos won't play in Chrome and Edge won't let me log in even though its the same password.

21. jmparry

jmparry

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the courseware. If you haven't put in a ticket, please email the specifics of your problem to education@unity3d.com

22. kupio

kupio

I've answered all the self-assessments, but the final chapter (20) doesn't seem to have any questions.
    The course says it's still in progress, and I can't see how to proceed with it. Are the questions on the final chapter missing?

23. jmparry

jmparry

Hello,
    The courseware is to be used as a study guide so a completed status will not show in the system. As for the self-assessments, there is not a self-assessment for Chapter 20 and that is intentional.
    -Janelle

24. cnheider

cnheider

So i cannot complete the course?... OCD kicks in :eek:;)