Search Unity

Countryhouse walkthrough

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Mike, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Mike

Mike

Hey folks !

This is my first piece of work done with Unity:

click !

I used VectorWorks (CAAD), Cinema4d and Unity on that.

As you can see there are still some problems with my Lightmaps/UV mapping, as well as polygon overlay...

Can someone please help me with the glass material? I used this glass shader and the reflections are way too much - I'm still trying to understand how to write shaders... can somebody please tell me how to reduce the reflections on the glass material?
    What is the " _MainTex ("Base (RGB) Transparency " for? Is that for a grayscale texture?

I'd love to hear what else can be done better !
    Thx :D

2. drJones

drJones

nice, very frank lloyd wright ; )

2 things:

-i don't know if its a flipped normal issue or a shader issue, but i'm seeing strange faces on the doorframes (look near the floor on the center dividers). also there's some z-fighting on the edges of the frame - you probably have the faces too close to the walls beneath.

-your brick textures have a noticable spot pattern of light dark areas. you could try fooling with the high pass filter in an image app. to fix this.

3. Mike

Mike

Thanks for the reply!

I fixed the normal problem on the window frames in the meantime - VectorWorks has its own mind when it comes exporting *.dxf files :(

I'll work on the brick texture as well !

Any suggestions concerning the reflection problem that I have? Or maybe by anyone who uses Unity Indie :wink: ?

4. drJones

drJones

someone else will have to answer your shader questions, but there is one in the wiki i'm not sure if it helps at all:

http://www.unifycommunity.com/wiki/index.php?title=WindowShader

ugh, dxf ; )

i haven't needed to use that format in a loong time (since back in the days of autocad 12 3ds r4) - but it was always a pain.

5. StarManta

StarManta

I think the glass looks fantastic, honestly... don't know how to help you with the shader though. :)

6. Mike

Mike

:D

Glad you like it (so far *hehe*)

I think what I basically need is to make the reflections less visible - like an alpha fader for the reflection cubemap.

Then some alpha channel for the glass itself plus a base color to give it a bluish touch or so...

Okay, no more coffee breaks today :wink: