Search Unity

Counter shader

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ZoltanErdokovy, May 16, 2014.

1. ZoltanErdokovy

ZoltanErdokovy

2. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

Nice 1

3. PabloAM

PabloAM

Hello Zoltan. First of all thanks for this awesome shader.

I have a question.

I would like to do a a kind of counter like the game "Make it rain": (Minute over 1:45)

I have create a function in "CounterExpample" Script where I change the target, but the behaviour of the shader moves so slow if I pass a number more than 10.000.

Could you help me in order to raise that question?

BTW, Is it compatible with Mobile devices?? I cant see it on Android version :S

Best Regards!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  4. ZoltanErdokovy

ZoltanErdokovy

Hello PabloAM, thank you for buying the asset!

That "flip clock" counter is possible to do but it would need a somewhat complex shader. A much simpler solution is actually rotating a quad polygon in front of another and swapping textures: lighting and shadows would be working out of the box and the shaders involved could be very simple too. Another way would be rendering the frames into a texture and using it on sprites. It would need more memory but the shader would be cheap.

Regarding the slow counter: the current game logic (starting at line 47) is implementing a really crude ease-in/ease-out functionality, just as an example. You could adjust the "minSpeed" and "maxSpeed" variables but I recommend writing your own solution, tailored for your needs. I'd probably use an AnimationCurve to have precise, visual control over how the material parameters change over time.

Unfortunately I can't test the shader on mobile. Do you have any kind of log or error message which could help narrowing down what goes wrong?

5. imtrobin

imtrobin

Interested in mobile too. Make apk for us to test

6. ZoltanErdokovy

ZoltanErdokovy

I'm going to install the android SDK and see if I can export the example project.

7. ZoltanErdokovy

ZoltanErdokovy

I can't make an apk for the example scene:

Error building Player: Win32Exception: ApplicationName='C:/Android/adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140702/sdk\tools\zipalign.exe', CommandLine='4 "D:\Projects\ZSpline-Counter\Temp/StagingArea/Package_unaligned.apk" "D:\Projects\ZSpline-Counter\Temp/StagingArea/Package.apk"', CurrentDirectory='Temp/StagingArea'

Any ideas?

8. Tapgames

Tapgames

Really cool asset! Just bought a copy :)

9. ZoltanErdokovy

ZoltanErdokovy

Thank you! :)

10. PabloAM

PabloAM

Thanks for reply Zoltan.
    I wanted to Android and iOS but is not compatible.

A buy to trash :(

Thanks anyway.

11. ZoltanErdokovy

ZoltanErdokovy

I'm sorry to hear that PabloAM. What is actually happening in the scene? Do you have an error message or a crash log which might help me narrow down the problem?

12. BFips

BFips

ZoltanErdokovy I'm having the exact same error making an apk for my application. Could it be the adt-bundle version?

13. ZoltanErdokovy

ZoltanErdokovy

BFips: Unfortunately I have zero experience with mobile development so I'm afraid I can't help you.