Search Unity

Couloir studio

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by martin_couloir, Sep 14, 2017.

1. martin_couloir

martin_couloir

Hey everyone I want to apologize ahead if I posted this In the wrong place.

I have no experience with game design but I want to open a game studio. I'm buying all the equipment and doing all the legal work. I have an idea for a game that is set in a world like " cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2" and plays like monster hunter/ark. I like to know where do I start.

2. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

I'd start by learning how to make games. Not trying to be snarky there, but as was said recently in another thread,

So go up to the top of this page and take a look at the "Learn" section.

eXonius likes this.
  3. martin_couloir

martin_couloir

No no. This is what i wanted, a sense of direction. Trying to meet like minded people to form this studio and game but I have no idea where to begin looking. Thanks btw

JoeStrout likes this.
  4. Samuel411

Samuel411

If you can pay you can check out my portfolio here, http://samuelarminana.com/. Message me if interested in a good programmer :)
    (Another solution is to put out an ad in the commercial works in the forums here for people)

If you can't pay try to check meetup.com or the equivalent in your region for groups and see if anyone is interested to help you out for free.

5. Ryiah

Ryiah

Starting a business with absolutely no idea what you're doing is basically throwing your money away. Do you even know whether the hardware you're purchasing is necessary?