Search Unity

Couldn't switch to requested resolution

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by GizmoBradwell, Apr 2, 2015.

1. GizmoBradwell

GizmoBradwell

Could anyone help work out this error with me please?

Imported Oculus prefab "OVRPlayerController" which runs fine in editor, but when trying to run the built standalone project, the 2 oculus eyes pop up for a brief moment and then exits with the error in the image attached.

The build does run without a problem if I disable the OVR manager script and attached a normal camera to the CentreEyeAnchor.

I can also import the Oculus prefab "OVRPlayerController" into a brand new project and run a build without the error. I can see the output_log.txt in this fresh project too

Same result regardless of running either the normal exe or the direct to rift exe and I've tried different build settings such as Direct3D 11 on/off

For debug, I can see the output_log.txt for the brand new project that builds and runs without this error, but there is no output_log.txt appearing on the faulty build.

It would be tedious work to go through deleting parts of the project or something until the error disappears to fix this. Any suggestions please?

Attached Files:

2. MajorParts

MajorParts

I had this recently and fixed it today.
    First, copy your project folder somewhere safe!
    Then load up the original into the editor. Delete the OVR folder and the oculus plugins from the plugins folder.
    Next, export the project as a package.
    Start a new blank project.
    Import the oculus unity integration package.
    Import your project package.
    Depending on your project, you may have to copy the input stuff from your backed up copy (in the project/projectsettings folder).

Hope that helps! There was some other stuff I did, like the dx11 thing you did before and some resolution settings, but I don't think they had anything to do with it. If the above doesn't work, I'll look at my settings again and let you know more.