Search Unity

Couldn't open MacOS OVRPlugin in a blank project

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Jordii, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Jordii

Jordii

Hey all,

I've ran into a problem, which could be due to my 'High Sierra' install. But I'm not entirely sure, seeing colleagues which are on 'Sierra', also had this problem and solved it by installing the 'Oculus Runtime for OS X' as instructed in this topic. However, it seems like somewhat of a weird solution and it did not make a difference for me. I wasn't able to find anything else on the subject.

Steps:

1. Start a new project
    2. Enable VR in the Player settings and include the right SDK's like so:
    3. Run the scene
    Which results in the following errors:
    and
    The problem also occurs with the latest Unity beta build (2017.3 beta) as well as when installing the Oculus Utilities for Unity 1.18.1, in which case it merely says
    Anyone knows if there is a solution to this, or does the problem lie with Oculus?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    drhmiri likes this.
  2. delphinius81

delphinius81

I can second this happening. Updated to High Sierra today, and am seeing this same error running 2017.1.1p2.

drhmiri likes this.
  3. drhmiri

drhmiri

Hi guys,

Have you figured this out? I, too, started a new Unity 2017.2.0f3 project, enabled VR in XR settings, downloaded and imported (from the Asset Store) Oculus Integration (which was automatically updated to 1.18.1) but get the following two errors, similar to the original post above:

Couldn't open Assets/OVR/Plugins/1.18.1/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, error: dlopen(Assets/OVR/Plugins/1.18.1/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/LibOVRRT_0.framework/Versions/5/LibOVRRT_0
    Referenced from: /Users/OculusUnityProject/Assets/OVR/Plugins/1.18.1/OSXUniversal/OVRPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/OVRPlugin
    Reason: image not found

and

Oculus Plugin could not be loaded.

p.s. The following code snippet returns False when you press V even with the Virtual Reality Supported option ticked:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class ToggleVR : MonoBehaviour
    2. {
    3.     private void Update()
    4.     {
    5.         // If V key is pressed,
    6.         // toggle XRSettings.enabled
    7.         //
    8.         if ( Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.V) )
    9.         {
    10.             XRSettings.enabled = !XRSettings.enabled;
    11.             Debug.Log("XRSettings -> " + XRSettings.enabled);
    12.         }
    13.     }
    14. }

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  4. delphinius81

delphinius81

Nope, no update. Haven't heard anything from Oculus either.

drhmiri likes this.
  5. drhmiri

drhmiri

@delphinius81 Thanks for your reply. Just a silly question: Ticking that checkmark is all we need to do, right? Or do we also need to download anything from the Oculus website or anything from the Asset Store?

6. drhmiri

drhmiri

7. Jordii

Jordii

8. drhmiri

drhmiri

@Jordii

oh sorry, I missed that. The errors on my part seem to have disappeared, except the one about OpenVR which I don't care. I switched to Windows frankly, to spare myself such griefs, as I am also using Windows for HoloLens dev, so it felt like I should just use Windows for this stuff. On that page, they mention that they have halted their OS X dev efforts which is a shame. Anyhow, I was hoping this would help you. If you ever come across something else, please do share it here. I am keeping an eye here. Cheers, H

9. Sarina1990

Sarina1990

I think the same thing happened to me after I switched form multipass render to singlepass. Switching back didn't help, now going back to an older version of my project.

No such problems on windows?

10. drhmiri

drhmiri

After re-installing the Oculus run-time (Oculus software) my problem was resolved: https://www.oculus.com/setup/

11. Sarina1990

Sarina1990

My problem got solved in two ways (guess both work):
    Working on windows and most of all just not using Oculus plugin anymore. Main camera does VR without it, but don’t how that applies to controllers