Search Unity

Couldn't find the packages list. Be sure there is a file called PackageImportList in your project

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by TwiiK, Jun 2, 2018.

1. TwiiK

TwiiK

Getting this error in my project:
    And it always appears with this notice, which I don't get in any other project either:
    Google returns 0 results. Am I the only one with this error? Seems unlikely...

I'm getting these in one project, not in any other. I'm trying to compare this project to my other projects and I see no differences regarding packages. I haven't got a file named PackageImportList in any of them.

They appear constantly while I use the editor. I want both of them gone. How?

I'm not using any packages in this project at the moment.

2. TwiiK

TwiiK

I had exported a prefab from the 3D Game Kit and imported into this project and apparently there was a dll in the scripts folder causing these issues. Deleting it removed both these log messages.

3. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @TwiiK ,

I'm sorry about the confusion around this log message. Strangely, this is not related to the *Package Manager*. This is from another Unity sub-system.

I will try to find someone who could give us a hint of what this log means.

Regards,

Pascal

4. TwiiK

TwiiK

Thanks, but I was able to fix it by removing the dll file, which I didn't want in there anyway, it was just something that snuck in from the 3D Game Kit. :)

pedro_unity likes this.
  5. saporter

saporter

I am having the same problem and do not have anything from a 3D Game Kit. Where should I look to resolve this?

bellavirgilio likes this.
  6. bellavirgilio

bellavirgilio

The files that were causing this issue in my project were located at Assets/Scripts/Editor/PackageManagerAssembly/PackageManagerAssembly.dll. Look for any files with the .dll extension––deleting these fixed it for me!

7. avi9111

avi9111

I got this message too, and I also export some asset from 3D Game Kit, still looking for the reason, thanks all of you

8. spinjam

spinjam

Had the same problem. Solved adding and empty "PackageImportList.txt" in Assets/Editor/PackageManagerAssembly

pavonis likes this.