Search Unity

Couldn't find the packages list. Be sure there is a file called PackageImportList in your project

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by TwiiK, Jun 2, 2018.

1. TwiiK

TwiiK

Getting this error in my project:
    And it always appears with this notice, which I don't get in any other project either:
    Google returns 0 results. Am I the only one with this error? Seems unlikely...

I'm getting these in one project, not in any other. I'm trying to compare this project to my other projects and I see no differences regarding packages. I haven't got a file named PackageImportList in any of them.

They appear constantly while I use the editor. I want both of them gone. How?

I'm not using any packages in this project at the moment.

2. TwiiK

TwiiK

I had exported a prefab from the 3D Game Kit and imported into this project and apparently there was a dll in the scripts folder causing these issues. Deleting it removed both these log messages.

3. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @TwiiK ,

I'm sorry about the confusion around this log message. Strangely, this is not related to the *Package Manager*. This is from another Unity sub-system.

I will try to find someone who could give us a hint of what this log means.

Regards,

Pascal

Sonatai likes this.
  4. TwiiK

TwiiK

Thanks, but I was able to fix it by removing the dll file, which I didn't want in there anyway, it was just something that snuck in from the 3D Game Kit. :)

5. saporter

saporter

I am having the same problem and do not have anything from a 3D Game Kit. Where should I look to resolve this?

bellavirgilio likes this.
  6. bellavirgilio

bellavirgilio

The files that were causing this issue in my project were located at Assets/Scripts/Editor/PackageManagerAssembly/PackageManagerAssembly.dll. Look for any files with the .dll extension––deleting these fixed it for me!

tinaaaaalee likes this.
  7. avi9111

avi9111

I got this message too, and I also export some asset from 3D Game Kit, still looking for the reason, thanks all of you

8. spinjam

spinjam

Had the same problem. Solved adding and empty "PackageImportList.txt" in Assets/Editor/PackageManagerAssembly

9. ShoaibAslamTintash

ShoaibAslamTintash

Thanks, this worked for me as well.

10. Usman3tahir

Usman3tahir

Its work for me !!!

Xuanyuuu likes this.
  11. unity_zcEbjUrKpJiihA

unity_zcEbjUrKpJiihA

Bei mir gibt es diesen Ordner nicht
    Kann mir jemand Hefen.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User

This work for me too!

13. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Very annoying error, pops up in the 2020.2 beta versions 5 and 6 ugh

14. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

15. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

With over 145 bugs reported across my work and personal email, and winning the RTX 2080 in the last beta prize draw, I am a bit spent.

I will be taking a small break from bug reporting as I need to focus on development of my projects

16. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

What I can do is just check with the Package Manager team to see if this is on their radar for these versions.

17. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

18. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

19. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

I just heard back from the team saying that it'll be fixed in the next package update. For now as a temp fix, deleting the whole Scripts/Editor/PackageManagerAssembly folder will remove the error.

20. justin123089

justin123089

Yeah you all have to watch some of those packages being uploaded, horrible bugs come from them and they gank all the settings up so you have to start over.

21. Starria

Starria

I don´t have a Editor Folder in Assets, any ideas?

22. MasterOfAllArtz

MasterOfAllArtz

i had the same problem. people are say create empty file .txt... but how do we noobs do that? lol once i realized there was something missing from the package( packageimportlist ) i just create a new project, imported the same gamekit that i was using, searched the project search field, i searched ( packageimportlist ) and found this

PackageImportList and PackageManagerChecker i then seclected both and exported... then imported it to the project that was missing it and everything was all good :)

Attached Files:

23. uzairbsqptech

uzairbsqptech

read the error carefully it is saying there must be a file name call PackageImportList
    [Auto Package] : Couldn't find the packages list. Be sure there is a file called PackageImportList in your project
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    PackageChecker:CheckPackage()
    UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:processInitializeOnLoadAttributes().

Solution:
    Goto that folder Assets/Editor/PackageManagerAssembly and add the file PackageImportList.txt

24. unity_Prince198823Q

unity_Prince198823Q

I created a txt file named "PackageImportList" in this folder and the problem is solved!!

25. abdulwahidt296

abdulwahidt296

Worked thanks man