Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Couldn't create a Convex Mesh from source mesh "Banana" within the maximum polygons limit (256)

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by unity_zYWp3S5lu539Qg, Aug 28, 2023.

1. unity_zYWp3S5lu539Qg

unity_zYWp3S5lu539Qg

hey i have an error that suddenly appeared just like that i didn't do anything

it's the horror fps kit

Couldn't create a Convex Mesh from source mesh "Banana" within the maximum polygons limit (256). The partial hull will be used. Consider simplifying your mesh.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&

2. clara_kang

clara_kang

Unity Technologies

Hi, the warning is from convex mesh creation in PhysX engine. You could ask about mesh collider in unity physics forum.
    I have also found this thread which seems to be about the same issue.
    Potential workarounds that I can think of include
    • import the mesh at a smaller scale factor, and scale up the game object instead. This might allow lower resolution mesh collider with less polygons to be created
    • cleaning up / simplifying the mesh in modelling software and reimport
    • provide a custom mesh collider