Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

"Couldn't build player because of unsupported data on target platform"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Honikou, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Honikou

Honikou

Hi,

I can launch the game in the editor. But, when I try to build it (for windows, I also try for browser) I have 3 errors:

First
    An asset is marked as dont save, but is included in the build:
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

Second
    Building - Failed to write file: sharedassets0.assets
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

Third
    Error building Player: Couldn't build player because of unsupported data on target platform.

Sometimes, I have 4 errors,

Building - Failed to write file: sharedassets0.assets
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

I have install unity again and I reimport all asset already. I have no idea where I have to look.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  2. Honikou

Honikou

The error came with NGUI.

I use a label with "dynamic" font. You have to use bitmap.

3. whydoidoit

whydoidoit

You don't have to use bitmap but you must make sure that you reference a ttf file that is actually in the project. Annoyingly it shows a selector for ones that aren't there or are hidden.

levlaj likes this.
  4. briosh

briosh

YES! My God, i couldnt find that in a hundred years! Thanks a lot whydoidoit !!!

You know how sometimes you put something in a scene and get to build after days so you can't even remember all the new stuff! :D

5. JohnnyDang3r

JohnnyDang3r

Wasted hours tracking this until I find your solution. Thank you so much for sharing!

6. Orbic-Games

Orbic-Games

Thanks!

Fixed my problem as well.. Weird thing is, everything worked before I upgraded to Unity 4.3.x

unityunity