Search Unity

Could not show banner due to No fill for placement

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by joergipoergi, Jan 11, 2019.

1. joergipoergi

joergipoergi

Hi.

I am just testing out unity-ads for the first time, using the code provided in the tutorial.

Video ads work fine, in the editor as well as on my device.

However, the banner ad dummy only shows up, when I'm in the editor and on my device I get the warning:
    "Could not show banner due to No fill for placement"

This sounds to me, like there were just no banner ads found to display.

Now this is confusing, because I have set my application in the dashboard to "testing", so I expected a fake unity banner ad, just like I see for the video-ads. Setting it to "force test-mode off" changes nothing.

<tldr>
    I am located in Europe. Do banner ads already work in this region at all? I can see, video ads are working, because if I set my application to "force test-mode off" I see real ads.

StarArcher likes this.
  2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@joergipoergi

Banners are now available in all regions, depending on our available inventory. We're currently working with our demand partners to ensure Unity developers are able to receive bids and impressions. There is an expected ramp up period but Unity is working toward fulfilling a majority of ad requests.

3. joergipoergi

joergipoergi

Thank you for that answer, although I still believe, I should get a dummy-ad while testing.

StarArcher likes this.
  4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@joergipoergi

We are working on getting a test banner working consistently to make it easier to test your banner ads integration.

5. itayganor

itayganor

Any updates regarding the No Fill issue? test mode ads works fine, but production ads never show up. Always "No fill"..

metalpulp likes this.
  6. CyberInteractiveLLC

CyberInteractiveLLC

is this issue affecting everyone or some people only? curios since I was hoping to implement banners in my application soon...

7. NickAndrievsky

NickAndrievsky

The same problem.

8. Shtalis

Shtalis

Same problem her with no fill, is there an approximate timeline on the "ramp up period", days, weeks months?

9. braedenk

braedenk

About five or six weeks ago, banner ads used to fill about 30-40% of the time; which isn't great, but I read that it would soon improve... now they don't fill at all, even in test mode. That's not exactly what I'd call a "ramp up period." No idea why the test banner would have a 0% fill rate. That makes no sense.

10. novalain1

novalain1

Having the same problem, would be great if the test banners worked as expected

11. hollums

hollums

I am also experiencing the same issue notated above by several other users. I did however have banner ads working early on, where in the build the testing Unity banner would appear. However, once I added in Analytics and Monetization services to add in app purchases, my banners stopped working -- the log from my devices always says No fill for Placement and my check every 2 seconds or so for Banner.isReady continuously returns false.

I have done the following:
    1. Imported the latest Monetization SDK (3.0.1) to my project running Unity 2017.3.0f3
    2. Ensured that my scripts are calling Monetization.Initialize (gameID, testMode) at Awake()
    3. Verified that my project ID's from the Unity dashboard match what is displayed in my service window
    4. Verified that my placement names match what ID I pass to Advertisement.Banner.Show (ID)
    5. Opened UnityConnectSettings.asset in a text editor to verify my game ID's are configured properly
    6. Tested both with Ad services enabled & disabled in the Services window
    7. Tested & verified that this issue is consistent on both Android and iOS platforms.
    Note: An oddity about this is that video test ads are working in my app, on all platforms. Just the banner ads are not working.

Hoping Unity's team can help me resolve this issue. In the meantime, I've started looking into using Admob or just implementing my own banner ads to promote my own content while Banner.isReady is returning false.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  12. StartStart

StartStart

Hey @holllums

If you using Admob you need to delay some ads clickable, watchable because I got account blocked from them.

Some players want a lot of special currency in game and they spam to get it.

13. rivafarabi

rivafarabi

Is the issue still not solved?

I tried on Android (Java) and got only one banner appeared. After that the state change to NO FILL for the rest of the test. Though sometimes the state change turns to READY, the placement ID passed from onPlacementContentReady always equals to 'video', not 'banner'

I set test mode to true, both in code and from the Unity Dashboard.

The video ads works properly, but the banner, as you can see, a bummer.

14. mas3701

mas3701

I still see a 'no fill' response for all banner ads. I'm in the US, but have not been able to get these ads to work in a non-test mode. Any updates on when Unity will have enough inventory to have this be a useable feature?

15. unity_WBzvaVOBiHlkSQ

unity_WBzvaVOBiHlkSQ

The same problem.

16. Phoenix116

Phoenix116

No fill in banners problem here, hope you can solve it

17. lord4800

lord4800

Still have same trouble. Logcat return No fill from bannerView.OnAdFailedToLoad

18. unity_-YwBDR1lqVck6A

unity_-YwBDR1lqVck6A

Has this issue been solved? I am having the same issue.

19. Shtalis

Shtalis

Banner ads are now showing for me, not everywhere but most countries.

20. segant

segant

Guys it's working on my old game. But i created new one and i get same error. So i think our games need time to display banner ads.
    Edit: Now old one doesn't work too.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  21. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Quick banner update:
    • We are still working to improve the fill rate for banners. This is a high priority for many teams internally and we hope to have improvements deployed soon.
    • Right now, we are not aware of any technical issues with banners. If you see the test banners in Test Mode, then your integration is likely correct.
    • If you do run into any technical problems with banners, please let us know (unityads-support@unity3d.com)
    FYI, you can use the errorCallback in the BannerLoadOptions to confirm if you are having fill issues (in addition to the device log):

Code (CSharp):
    1. string placement = "banner";
    3. public void LoadBanner()
    4. {
    5.     if(!Advertisement.Banner.isLoaded)
    6.     {
    7.         BannerLoadOptions loadOptions = new BannerLoadOptions
    8.         {
    9.             loadCallback = OnBannerLoaded,
    10.             errorCallback = OnBannerError
    11.         };
    12.         Advertisement.Banner.Load(placement, loadOptions);
    13.     }
    14. }
    15. void OnBannerLoaded()
    16. {
    17.     Debug.Log("Banner Loaded");
    18.     Advertisement.Banner.Show(placement);
    19. }
    20. void OnBannerError(string error)
    21. {
    22.     Debug.Log("Banner Error: " + error);
    23. }

Phoenix116 likes this.
  22. GreatMightyMoe

GreatMightyMoe

I am still getting the error: Banner placement returned no fill
    Should I switch to AdMob?

23. StartStart

StartStart

No Unity Ads is safety to use. If no banner you can use other ads type.

24. Renanmgs

Renanmgs

Same problem here =C

25. BlueSpirit

BlueSpirit

I'm also getting the "no fill" message. The banner works in testing mode though. I'm located in Europe

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  26. Gnejs

Gnejs

9 months later and it still can't fill properly.. maybe it's time to update your own tutorial for the Banner Ads and include the no-fill handling with a secondary Ad network.. *sigh*..

BodeMiller84 likes this.
  27. BlueSpirit

BlueSpirit

I emailed Unity Ads Support and they replied with:
    I guess I'll switch to something else in the meantime.

28. numetdevelop

numetdevelop

I'm getting "Banner Placement Banner failed to fill"
    what's wrong?

29. segant

segant

Unity can't fill request. Because their banners are limited. They can't find advertisers. So that's the reason. There are 2 options. You just use unity ads or other ads.

30. numetdevelop

numetdevelop

You're Right,Actually Banner AD hardly ever run sucessed.

31. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Looking at some internal data, Banner inventory has improved dramatically since my last update. A lot of that improvement has been focused in the US, so not all countries are seeing banners available. We will continue to improve banner availability.

In the meantime, if banners represent a major issue for you, I would recommend investigating other options. Unity Ads is supported in all of the top mediation platforms, and many do have support for our banner ads:
    https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/resources/mediation

32. hytka81

hytka81

Hi, any updates on this? Is there any chance of getting banner ads visible, for example, in Finland any time soon?
    Basically I had been using test ads with visible test banner the whole time while developing my game, only to realize at launch that real banner ads are not visible :(

33. StartStart

StartStart

If I'm not wrong there are no longer support for banner ad in Unity Ads.

You can only use video and rewardVideo.

34. hytka81

hytka81

Well, I got confirmation that banner ads are visible in my game at least in India. And I have not found any documentation that would indicate that they would not be supported anymore. Also I'm using latest version of Unity Ads package and would expect those APIs be dropped/deprecated if not usable at the moment. Hopefully there will be better coverage soon.

StartStart likes this.
  35. Le-Tux

Le-Tux

Well.... I lost so many times for this banner... :confused: Unity you should update your documentation.

36. hytka81

hytka81

Hmm, today (just now) I can see banner ad in my game. Never showed up before besides in test mode earlier. Hopefully those are now available more frequently.

37. LeTux

LeTux

Can you send your code for showing the Unity ADS ? Maybe we doing wrong ?

38. DrSharky

DrSharky

Same problem here. It seems like advertisers go for full page ads, or nothing. If you're here trying to figure out why your banner ad isn't working, it's because Unity doesn't have enough advertisers using banner ads to fulfill your request. It's been over a year, so obviously advertisers will go where the money is, and that is full-page ads.

39. schwertfisch

schwertfisch

No banner ads fills here (Greece) either in 2 of my games that use them.

Is there some sort of a map that shows the Unity banner ads coverage?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  40. BlueSpirit

BlueSpirit

Yeah, Unity Ads never worked for me for banner ads. I've been using other networks ever since and it's been working well. I've been using MoPub and hooked up a bunch of ad networks like AdMob, Facebook Audience, etc. as mediation networks for my banner ads.

schwertfisch and DrSharky like this.
  41. Kayson91

Kayson91

Still have the same issue too

42. love2uhh

love2uhh

me too .same issue

43. yunisayh

yunisayh

me too .same issue, ios happen No fill for placement banner, WTF

44. yunisayh

yunisayh

can I ask for the code that banner can work.

45. hytka81

hytka81

Actually banner ad was showing up every now and then but not consistently enough. So I started to use admob for the banners.

46. PHLCollective

PHLCollective

Hoping this is fixed soon. We have the same issue. Waiting for a thread update.

47. KarMa_PlaYzz

KarMa_PlaYzz

Can confirm the problem is still occuring :(

48. lazicoder

lazicoder

yes, Happen all the time. I need a confirmation from unity team. I dont know do they still support banner or not so I can switch to other network

49. yelaex

yelaex

Same thing here:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. com.unity3d.services.core.api.Sdk.logError() (line:72) :: No fill for placement BottomStaticBanner

50. TK009999

TK009999

I just wanna keep this discussing to the top.

Until 2021 the issue still happened. :D:D:D:D:D