Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Could not show banner due to No fill for placement

Discussion in 'Unity Ads' started by joergipoergi, Jan 11, 2019.

1. joergipoergi

joergipoergi

Hi.

I am just testing out unity-ads for the first time, using the code provided in the tutorial.

Video ads work fine, in the editor as well as on my device.

However, the banner ad dummy only shows up, when I'm in the editor and on my device I get the warning:
    "Could not show banner due to No fill for placement"

This sounds to me, like there were just no banner ads found to display.

Now this is confusing, because I have set my application in the dashboard to "testing", so I expected a fake unity banner ad, just like I see for the video-ads. Setting it to "force test-mode off" changes nothing.

<tldr>
    I am located in Europe. Do banner ads already work in this region at all? I can see, video ads are working, because if I set my application to "force test-mode off" I see real ads.

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@joergipoergi

Banners are now available in all regions, depending on our available inventory. We're currently working with our demand partners to ensure Unity developers are able to receive bids and impressions. There is an expected ramp up period but Unity is working toward fulfilling a majority of ad requests.

3. joergipoergi

joergipoergi

Thank you for that answer, although I still believe, I should get a dummy-ad while testing.