Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Could not resolve type with token 01000149 error is annoying

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by arminiuskielpecache, Aug 9, 2022.

1. arminiuskielpecache

arminiuskielpecache

TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 01000149 (from typeref, class/assembly UnityEditor.SceneManagement.PrefabStage, UnityEditor, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)

So the story here is I was fixing some package conflicts, all of it is solved now, but I removed an asset and started resolving some script assemblies, it took a lot of time 30mins, I search the internet why is it that, said its a bug at my version (2020.3.37f1) Screenshot 2022-08-09 201855.jpg

In the picture it keeps spamming me that error, and you can see it +999 which was stuffing my ram and making me lag.

Has anyone been through this? I had 4 version switches now and this still follows me, at this point, it'll follow me to my grave.

2. arminiuskielpecache

arminiuskielpecache

3. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Extra unwanted packages in new projects (collab, testing, rider and other junk):

https://forum.unity.com/threads/temp-unityengine-testrunner-dll-error.1133938/#post-7287748

About the fastest way I have found to make a project and avoid all this noise is to create the project, then as soon as you see the files appear, FORCE-STOP (hard-kill) Unity (with the Activity Manager or Task Manager), then go hand-edit the Packages/manifest.json file as outlined in the above post, then reopen Unity.

Sometimes the package system gets borked from all this unnecessary churn and requires the package cache to be cleared:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53145919/unity3d-package-cache-errors/69779122

4. arminiuskielpecache

arminiuskielpecache

Thank you! but I actually fixed it by just resetting the package manager to default settings

unityunity