Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"Could not produce class with ID 1108" error on Dev Build

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by dwit_mass_creation, Sep 23, 2019.

1. dwit_mass_creation

dwit_mass_creation

When loading scene from Addressable I have this error.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Could not produce class with ID 1108.
    2. (Filename: .\Runtime/Serialize/PersistentManager.cpp Line: 1530)
    From Unity class reference it means class PreviewAssetType. Is this some important error? Game is working OK, just printing this error.

Unity 2018.4.9. Addressables 1.2.2.

2. faolad

faolad

I have the same issue

3. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

Yeah, I have that too, it is a bug, I intended to put bug report through when I come back from Unite but if one of you could put it in that'd be cool. It's an editor-side class being built into one of the bundles.

faolad likes this.
  4. dwit_mass_creation

dwit_mass_creation

Which class? I have one Editor class in addressable link.xml file:

Code (CSharp):
    1.   <assembly fullname="UnityEditor, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null">
    2.     <type fullname="UnityEditor.MonoScript" preserve="all" />
    3.     <type fullname="UnityEditor.Audio.AudioMixerController" preserve="all" />
    4.     <type fullname="UnityEditor.Audio.AudioMixerGroupController" preserve="all" />
    5.     <type fullname="UnityEditor.Audio.AudioMixerSnapshotController" preserve="all" />
    6.   </assembly>

5. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

1108 is PreviewAssetType. Nothing UnityEditor.* should be in link.xml but this is not a link.xml error anyway. One of these seems to make it into the asset serialization itself and since the class will never exist on a build, it displays the error when loading the affected object.

6. faolad

faolad

@AlkisFortuneFish We are about to publish a game where this issue is shown, Is this bug a good reason to delay it?

7. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

That’s your call ultimately, but it does not seem to actually cause any immediately obvious issues.

faolad likes this.
  8. Wawro01

Wawro01

Same error here. I don't believe it is PreviewAssetType. I was not able to find it anywhere in UnityEngine.

9. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

That is because it is not in UnityEngine, it is in UnityEditor. The issue appears to be that some Editor-side assets are leaking into the bundles.

10. Greyborn

Greyborn

We are also seeing this issue since updating to Unity 2018.4.11f1 (from 2018.4.8f1). We are using Addressables v1.2.4. It appears in builds on multiple platforms (both PC and Switch for example).

Has this issue yet been officially reported to Unity? Is a fix in the works? Anything we can do on our end to resolve it?

Thanks for any insight into this!

11. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @Greyborn it has been reported and it is being worked on. Alkis is exactly correct, it is possible for editor types to make their way into the build depending on the type. To my knowledge this is unfortunately an Editor side change so the fix will require an Editor update when it's resolved. There's not an ETA for the fix that I can currently give.

Greyborn and DrunkenMastah like this.
  12. DrunkenMastah

DrunkenMastah

Same issue.
    Could not produce class with ID 1108.
    This could be caused by a class being stripped from the build even though it is needed. Try disabling 'Strip Engine Code' in Player Settings.
    (Filename: ./Runtime/Serialize/PersistentManager.cpp Line: 1543)

Unity 2019.2.10f1
    Addressables 1.2.4 using Remote Assets Bundles
    Xcode latest.
    Strip Engine Code : Disabled
    Managed Stripping Level: Low

Any workarounds until a fix is available? Cuz I am unable to launch the game and the loading gets stuck when this error happens.

13. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @AmitSuri unfortunately I believe you're hitting an engine bug as well. It's actually the exact opposite problem from stripping too much. There are Editor types that should be stripped (by default, not in relation to your code stripping level) that are getting pulled into the build.

It's not a bug that Addressables can fix in the package itself. The fix will require an editor update. I do know it's a pretty urgent issue on our end but I don't have an ETA at this time. No workarounds that I know of. If I find out any more information I'll post it in this thread.

DrunkenMastah likes this.
  14. AlkisFortuneFish

AlkisFortuneFish

Just to point out, we are getting this over here but the loading of our objects does not actually fail, so everything works.

15. dwit_mass_creation

dwit_mass_creation

I still have same problem (errors but assets are loading).
    One type of assets that is triggering error is fbx added as addressable with imported animation. When I disable import animations it loads without errors (but without animations :) ).

16. DrunkenMastah

DrunkenMastah

"When I disable import animations it loads without errors"? Please help me understand this statement.
    An example would be great get into my thick skull :)

17. dwit_mass_creation

dwit_mass_creation

In fbx Import Settings in Animations tab I disable "Import Animation", so only model is imported without any animations.

So really no use fix if you need animations. I was just testing which assets could trigger this error and why.

DrunkenMastah likes this.
  18. Greyborn

Greyborn

Is there a bug to track for this? Any updates on a fix? Thanks!

19. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Greyborn likes this.
  20. Ryanc_unity

Ryanc_unity

Unity Technologies

Sadly the public tracker does not list the explicit patch versions. That being said, this has been fixed, but required an editor change. For the 2018.4 cycle, the fix is in the 2018.4.13 version and in the patch notes it is listed as:
    • Build Pipeline: Added flag kTypeIsEditorOnly trait to allow items to be pulled into build data depending on the situation. (1190029, 1193004)

21. Greyborn

Greyborn

Great to hear, thank you @Ryanc_unity

22. sophiepeithos

sophiepeithos

23. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

@sophiepeithos Hm.. that's interesting. Can you submit a bug through Unity if you haven't already and post the case number here?

24. sophiepeithos

sophiepeithos

davidla_unity likes this.