Search Unity

Could not load file or assembly 'Smash...'

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by davenirline, Mar 3, 2019.

1. davenirline

davenirline

I'm getting this error when playing with Burst Compilation enabled. I thought it's because I upgraded. So I downgraded, but I still get the same error:

Unexpected exception System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Smash, Version=0.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'Smash, Version=0.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    at Burst.Compiler.IL.Jit.JitCompiler.CompileMethod (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference methodReference, Burst.Compiler.IL.Jit.JitOptions jitOptions) [0x000aa] in <b7b473b74a1a407ea639da1765481143>:0
    at Burst.Compiler.IL.Jit.JitCompilerService.Compile (Burst.Compiler.IL.Jit.JitCompilerService+CompileJob job) [0x002bc] in <b7b473b74a1a407ea639da1765481143>:0

While compiling job: System.Void Unity.Jobs.IJobParallelForExtensions/ParallelForJobStruct`1<Unity.Entities.GatherChunks>::Execute(T&,System.IntPtr,System.IntPtr,Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges&,System.Int32)

randallard and SmilingRob like this.
  2. davenirline

davenirline

Nevermind, I got it. It seems like Burst doesn't like more than one level of generic types. You can't do something like NativeList<Node<int2>>.

3. Bas-Smit

Bas-Smit

Thats probably unrelated, for me the error was caused by the buggyness of the package manager, restarting unity resolved it for me

4. dudleyhk

dudleyhk

I concur. Just updated the required packages to their most recent versions and restarted Unity, and the error have gone.

5. xoofx

xoofx

Unity Technologies

Yes, this error is related to instabilities with the package manager that is messing the cache of packages downloaded (specially this burst folder for some unknown reasons)

6. ll3v3ll

ll3v3ll

Confirmed fix - updated packages and restarted Unity.