Search Unity

Could not establish a connection with the unity package manager local server process

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Oussama_Berrazaga, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Oussama_Berrazaga

Oussama_Berrazaga

Could not establish a connection with the unity package manager local server process. This is most likely due to a proxy or firewall configuration. make sure the proccess UnityPackageManager.exe is reachable via HTTP on the IP address 127.0.0.1
    I have been having this error for the last couple of days and can't get use unity because of it.
    My OS is Windows 10 Home edition. I tried restarting the laptop multiple times aswell.
    I uninstalled my antivirus and added an exception to the mentioned EXE and the unity editor EXE and the unity hub EXE too and it didn't work then I desactivated windows defender/firewall and it didn't work. I uninstalled the last windows update too (the only difference between last time it worked was the windows update)
    I tried multiple versions of unity but i got the same result (2019.2.6f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.1.7f1 and lastly 2020.1.0a3 which had the diagnose feature which gave me the joined log). I tried installing with Unity hub and without it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Unity and Unity hub too.
    I tried
    @echo off
    set HTTP_PROXY=proxy-url
    set HTTPS_PROXY=proxy-url
    start "" "C:\Program Files\Unity Hub\Unity Hub.exe"
    as a .cmd and it didn't work.
    I have read and tried all the pinned threads about packageManager and Network Config too
    Is there a way to fix this?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  2. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    sorry to hear you are having trouble starting unity.
    Thank you for all your efforts in trying to fix your issue.

In your case, the editor and upm logs would probably be most informative since your diagnostic report mentions that it is the UPM server process that cannot be started.
    The upm.log can be found here: %LocalAppData%\Unity\Editor\upm.log
    The editor log can be found here: %LocalAppData%\Unity\Editor\Editor.log

This is just a guess but your issue might be that the port that the upm server is using to start its process is blocked.
    UPM will ask Windows for the next available port and it should receive one between 49152-65535.
    Some policies or firewalls sometimes block ports.
    To verify this, you could first start the UPM server and specify an unused available port on your machine and then start unity with the same port.
    - Start UPM server with a specified port: `<path-to-unity-installation-dir>\Data\Resources\PackageManager\Server\UnityPackageManager.exe -p 3500`
    - Start Unity with the same port: `<path-to-unity-installation-dir>\Unity.exe -upmServerPort 3500`

3. Oussama_Berrazaga

Oussama_Berrazaga

Thank you for the quick answer. I really appreciate it.
    I tried starting the UPM server and the Editor with a specified port as you suggested with those settings but I got the same error.
    These are the log files I found I convert them to .txt so they could be uploaded here.(the upm mentioned my nodejs installation directory as a cause for error so I uninstalled it and got the same result).

Attached Files:

4. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Hello @Oussama_Berrazaga,
    Thank you for sending us more information and trying some more.

After investigation, it looks like the UPM server is not "starting" because it is, in fact, crashing on that nodejs regex. We are trying to figure out how this could happen but have yet to figure it out.

In the meantime, I invite you to submit a bug.
    If you cannot open Unity, then please use the Hub to submit a bug by right-clicking on the tray icon and selecting "Report a bug".

5. scarofsky

scarofsky

Unity 2019.3 stuck and cannot go into it because of the same problem. diagnostics are entailed below

Attached Files:

6. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

Hello @scarofsky ,
    From reading the diagnostic report, I see that actually 2 tests failed:
    {
    "name": "Ping UPM registry",
    "description": "Measure the latency of the UPM package registry API",
    "result": "FAIL",
    "detail": "No successful pings could be made in 5.736 seconds (0 failed)"
    },
    {
    "name": "Ping UPM download",
    "description": "Measure the latency of the UPM package download endpoint",
    "result": "FAIL",
    "detail": "No successful pings could be made in 5.323 seconds (0 failed)"
    },

This means that you cannot reach the registry.
    Please make sure that your firewall is setup correctly by following this: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/upm...2.1529856519.1574693433-1589941021.1500999903

scarofsky likes this.
  7. RomaMutu

RomaMutu

hi I have the same problem I tried to solve the problem myself and ran the diagnostics and here is the result

Attached Files:

8. manu73

manu73

Unity Technologies