Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Could not establish a connection with the Unity Package Manager local server process.

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by RPGgeek, Sep 17, 2019.

1. RajSingh947111

RajSingh947111

having the same problem
    i ran the diagonastics and it gave me a report and asked me to post it here with the accompanying log

Attached Files:

2. Mythical2008

Mythical2008

3. Marek_Bakalarczuk

Marek_Bakalarczuk

OK. Unity 2019.3.5f1. Yesterday everything worked. Today I've got UPM error. It is not funny.
    Diagnostic log:
    5 out of 6 checks passed:
    [
    {
    "name": "UPM registry reachable",
    "description": "Make an HTTP request to the UPM package registry",
    "result": "PASS",
    "detail": "HTTP/1.1 200 OK\nX-Powered-By: Express\nProvider: Genesis\nDate: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 10:18:30 GMT\nConnection: close"
    },
    {
    "name": "Ping UPM registry",
    "description": "Measure the latency of the UPM package registry API",
    "result": "WARNING",
    "detail": "4 pings made in 5.341 seconds\nAverage latency: 150.63 ms\nMinimum latency: 142.71 ms\nMaximum latency: 164.64 ms\nStandard deviation: 9.91"
    },
    {
    "name": "Ping UPM download",
    "description": "Measure the latency of the UPM package download endpoint",
    "detail": "5 pings made in 7.37 seconds\nAverage latency: 286.28 ms\nMinimum latency: 30.41 ms\nMaximum latency: 1294.63 ms\nStandard deviation: 563.71"
    },
    {
    "name": "UPM registry download speed",
    "description": "Test the Internet connection using the UPM package registry",
    "detail": "Measured speed to the UPM registry: 49.08 Megabits per second"
    },
    {
    "name": "Speedtest.net",
    "description": "Test the Internet connection using Speedtest.net",
    "detail": "Measured speed to the Speedtest.net server: 34.86 Megabits per second"
    },
    {
    "name": "HTTP proxy environment variables",
    "description": "Detect whether proxy-related environment variables are set (HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, ALL_PROXY, NO_PROXY, UNITY_PROXYSERVER, UNITY_NOPROXY)",
    "detail": "No proxy support has been configured through environment variables."
    }
    ]

4. MiguelStone

MiguelStone

same issue for me today. This is my first steps with Unity.....

5 out of 6 checks passed:
    [
    {
    "name": "UPM registry reachable",
    "description": "Make an HTTP request to the UPM package registry",
    "detail": "HTTP/1.1 200 OK\nX-Powered-By: Express\nProvider: Genesis\nDate: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 16:39:22 GMT\nConnection: close"
    },
    {
    "name": "Ping UPM registry",
    "description": "Measure the latency of the UPM package registry API",
    "result": "WARNING",
    "detail": "4 pings made in 5.157 seconds\nAverage latency: 116.40 ms\nMinimum latency: 114.98 ms\nMaximum latency: 117.63 ms\nStandard deviation: 1.35"
    },
    {
    "name": "Ping UPM download",
    "description": "Measure the latency of the UPM package download endpoint",
    "detail": "5 pings made in 5.733 seconds\nAverage latency: 24.65 ms\nMinimum latency: 23.65 ms\nMaximum latency: 25.74 ms\nStandard deviation: 0.76"
    },
    {
    "name": "UPM registry download speed",
    "description": "Test the Internet connection using the UPM package registry",
    "detail": "Measured speed to the UPM registry: 32.33 Megabits per second"
    },
    {
    "name": "Speedtest.net",
    "description": "Test the Internet connection using Speedtest.net",
    "detail": "Measured speed to the Speedtest.net server: 7.36 Megabits per second"
    },
    {
    "name": "HTTP proxy environment variables",
    "description": "Detect whether proxy-related environment variables are set (HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, ALL_PROXY, NO_PROXY, UNITY_PROXYSERVER, UNITY_NOPROXY)",
    "detail": "No proxy support has been configured through environment variables."
    }
    ]

5. MiguelStone

MiguelStone

tried this 'setx UNITY_NOPROXY localhost', fix did not work

6. fherbst

fherbst

@supitaUnity @okcompute_unity I have this error now for the first time in 2019.3.9f1. It seems that resolving custom package registries is causing this for me. I tested and verified this to work in 2019.3.7f1 and it breaks in 2019.3.9f1.
    This is a really URGENT issue.

I reported a bug, please please take a look at that as soon as possible:
    (Case 1238432) Custom registry packages (from Verdaccio, which Unity recommends) can't be resolved anymore in 2019.3.9f1

7. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello everyone,

We're sorry to see a recent influx of users are experiencing this error. We ensure you that we're working hard on a solution for this recurring problem. In the meantime, we have compiled bits of advice from the community from threads like this into a sticky post which we will keep updated with what works and what doesn't:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/tro...connection-with-unity-package-manager.869683/

If the above post does not help your issue, could you please respond to the following questions? Thanks!
    • Was Unity installed through Unity Hub?
    • Which version of Unity Hub are you using?
    • Which Unity version are you using? If multiple Editors are installed, please specify in which version the problem is present.
    • Was the same Unity version working one day and then stopped working the next day without you changing it?
    • Did you install a new program or run a Windows update and after that you are having problems with Unity?
    • Do you have an antivirus installed?
    • Do you have a firewall?
    • Are Windows Defender whitelist rules present?
    • Do you have a proxy configured?
    Thanks to everyone in this thread for sharing your solutions!

8. smpark12

smpark12

The same thing is happening to me. I also recently installed Razer Cortex software.

9. fherbst

fherbst

@samuelb_unity most of that is already in the case, 1238432.
    • Was Unity installed through Unity Hub? YES
    • Which version of Unity Hub are you using? LATEST 2.3.0
    • Which Unity version are you using? If multiple Editors are installed, please specify in which version the problem is present. see bug report - WORKS in 2019.3.0f6, BROKEN in 2019.3.9f1 and 2020.1.0b5
    • Was the same Unity version working one day and then stopped working the next day without you changing it? NO, only stops working in newer Unity version when any scoped registry is in the manifest. Opening the same project in older version works
    • Did you install a new program or run a Windows update and after that you are having problems with Unity? NO, I only installed a new version of the editor.
    • Do you have an antivirus installed? NO
    • Do you have a firewall? ALL DISABLED
    • Are Windows Defender whitelist rules present? Yes, and disabled for testing
    • Do you have a proxy configured? NO
    Additionally, I ran the Package Manager Diagnostics tool - everything passes (log is in the case).

Also, it works on another machine with nearly the same machine configuration. One difference might be that the machine where it doesn't work doesn't have a physical ethernet port (I had issues with other software that broke with no ethernet port).

And last but not least, as described in the report this is only happening with a scoped registry in the manifest (without even accessing a package from that, just the presence of the scoped registry makes the difference).

10. danican

danican

11. danican

danican

Hello!! I was struggled by the same problem, but after thousand hours searching and probing solutions, at last, I found my own solution.
    I think, that the problem is the new UnityPackageManager.exe, and then I reinstall Unity version directly with installer of windows offered by the Unity page, don´t use UnityHub.
    Since install by this way, my probles with 127.0.0.1 has desappear.
    Good Look!!

12. piyushgupta191

piyushgupta191

Just go offline and then try opening your unity project . It will open without an error and after your unity project open go online again and you can work without a problem.

13. jawaadsheikh

jawaadsheikh

I tried everything listed in this forum from setx ... to hacking my registry to disable Windows Firewall to uninstalling Norton. EVERYTHING! The only thing that worked in the end was to reformat my computer and start fresh with a new install of Unity.

Note that I did uninstall Unity completely and tried reinstalling it as well which didn't work either.

I will say that this error had been popping up for months for me and it would go away when I closed apps I had open to reduce memory usage. So the error does pop up when you have insufficient memory to launch Unity. However, as of this week Unity would no longer launch at all. So the error message is a bit misleading as well.

14. yuwonlee2008

yuwonlee2008

ummmm I did the test thing and...
    √ Making an HTTP request to the UPM package registry...
    √ Measuring the latency of the UPM package registry API...
    ‼ Measuring the latency of the UPM package download endpoint...
    √ Testing the Internet connection using the UPM package registry...
    √ Testing the Internet connection using Speedtest.net...
    √ Detecting whether proxy-related environment variables are set...
    hmmm

15. sateyr

sateyr

16. supitaUnity

supitaUnity

Unity Technologies

17. fherbst

fherbst

@supitaUnity I still haven't heard back about you about what I described above and clearly demonstrated in my bug report to be a regression in Unity. Would be great to get a response.

18. supitaUnity

supitaUnity

Unity Technologies

I'm working internally with the support team to find a solution to your problem, following up the report that you opened. The regression you are describing is probably caused by a node upgrade we did in 2019.3.4f1, as well some of the libraries we use in Package Manager were updated.

That being said, this particular problem you are having it's different than the one other people report in this thread and other threads related to connectivity problems between the package manager and Unity.

fherbst likes this.
  19. ehiwuogwu

ehiwuogwu

20. ehiwuogwu

ehiwuogwu

21. Brother_Jorbar

Brother_Jorbar

Hello, I have been having this issue, specifically some times when I try to launch a project through the unity hub that was working the day before, unity package manager will spend a few minutes on starting server before giving the error mentioned by others. This will occur with any project I try to open. If I run the diagnostic it will return all tests passed. I am not using a proxy, and this has occurred on multiple versions of unity.
    I have tried just about all suggested solutions, none of which have worked. However I have been able to get my projects to start simply by trying to run over and over. Occasionally, there is something concrete I could possibly point to as a cause of it working: for example today I changed the network I was connected to for unrelated reasons in between my attempts, but often the only difference is time. This is not to say I can easily get around the issue, I often am unable to access my problems for a few days. It does seem that it's more likely to work if I try to downgrade and then upgrade the project, but that is likely just me seeing connections where there are none.
    I began encountering the issue about a year ago, in every version of unity and unity hub I have used since then, but because I am able to eventually get around it, and my irrational reluctance to post about problems I encounter, I had not reported it until now.
    Thank you for looking into this, and I hope something I have said will prove useful.

22. rwlangbe

rwlangbe

The only thing that Fixed this issue for me was creating a Shortcut to the Unity Executable, and modifying the target of the shortcut to be '[Your Location]\2019.2.3f1\Editor\Unity.exe -noUpm' I hope this is a clue, because bypassing the Upm is the only way I've been able to continue to use Unity for the past 2 years. Good luck people!

23. sateyr

sateyr

Only Windows Defender, nothing special.

supitaUnity likes this.
  24. fherbst

fherbst

25. supitaUnity

supitaUnity

Unity Technologies

I just saw your email coming in, thanks a lot for the information :)

unityunity