Search Unity

Could not establish a connection with the Unity Package Manager local server process. 127.0.0.1

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Daniel1232018, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Daniel1232018

Daniel1232018

Hello everyone, today I installed Unity, and this error happens when I create or open a project.
    I already disabled Windows Defender, Firewall also disabled. I restarted my notebook many times and nothing. notes: on Linux (Even Notebook) works correctly, but I prefer to use on Windows.

64-bit Windows 8.1 system.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  2. AskCarol

AskCarol

3. Daniel1232018

Daniel1232018

I upgraded to Windows 10, disabled defender and firewall and the problem is the same. Please see the files, don't ignore me as email support did 2 times.

Attached Files:

4. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Daniel1232018,

The upm.txt log file reveals that Windows or some other process (firewall or other) is disallowing the package manager from listening on a random port, which is needed for Unity to communicate with it. The specific port used is selected by Unity in a way that normally guarantees it's not already in use by another program, so it should normally work. This really looks like a firewall issue, but if it's really been disabled, it may be network policies instead.

Are there any network policies that might be involved, e.g. put in place by your company/organization IT department? If this is your personal machine, did you install any software that could be meant to "secure" your computer in a way that could explain this restriction?

5. Daniel1232018

Daniel1232018

It's my personal notebook. There is no antivirus installed or anything. I remember that when there was no HUB unity worked correctly.

6. mwolfism

mwolfism

I'm having the same issue after trying to update to the newest version of the Unity editor. I've tried everything I could find on various threads online and send in a bug report which got only a cursory response so far. If you figure out a work around for this please let me know/post it up.

7. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hi there,

Sincere apologies for the delay in reply.

I've answered in another thread about potential fixes. Please refer to my post here.