Search Unity

Could not establish a connection with the Unity Package (Mac)

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by rorybowcott, Aug 3, 2020.

1. rorybowcott

rorybowcott

I am unable to open any version of Unity 2019 on my Mac, I have run the diagnostics and attached the report, Could someone please lend a hand as I am out of ideas and google searches.

I have tried:
    • Turning off the firewall (I have this off anyway)
    • No Antivirus (Again I don't have any on this machine)
    • I don't run any Proxy servers
    • Setting the environment variables NOPROXY etc. Both as permanent and temporary variables
    • Reinstalling Unity, Hub and Engine
    • Creating in an old version of Unity then opening in 2019
    • Creating a project on my Windows machine, saving with Unity Collaboration, and then opening on my Mac
    • Starting without an internet connection
    • Closing all applications that connect internet
    • And various combinations of the above

Attached Files:

2. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Sorry to see you are having this problem. As per the diagnostic report, the Package Manager server is failing to start, but the reason is not clear. Could you please provide some more information such that we could have a better idea about the issue? Can you provide the logs (Editor.log and upm.log)?

To gather these files, please refer to the Log files section in Unity User Manual (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html)

Please keep in mind these files are written over every time Unity is executed, so they contain only the information from the last launch of the application.

3. rorybowcott

rorybowcott

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me and sorry for the delayed reply.

I have had a look for the log files you asked for but unfortunately, they don't appear to be there (See attached screenshot).

One thing I forgot to mention was that I have the Unity editor install on an external SSD if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Attached Files:

4. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

I'm not sure why you are missing the whole `~/Library/Logs/Unity` folder, I tried deleting mine, reopened Unity, and the folder got created and created again.

Maybe the fact that Unity is installed on an external SSD is causing issues. Do you have Unity installed under a folder that contains the characters apostrophe (') or number (#) ? We know this characters are causing issues, but those are problem from the Package Manager, your lack of Logs folder hints me that your problem is not just the Unity Package Manager.

Did you have Unity working before on the external SSD in your Mac? If the answer is yes, which Unity version are working, and which ones are not?

5. rorybowcott

rorybowcott

Looks like changing the name of my External Drive has solved it. I had an apostrophe in the name, so I removed it. I still don't appear to be getting any log files though?