Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"Corrupted double-linked list" error in Mono code

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Twice-Circled, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Twice-Circled

Twice-Circled

Error logs attached.

The error is occurring on at least 2.5% of my customer's PCs. It is occurring over a variety of Linux operating systems but does not seem to be an operating system-specific bug. IE It works on some Ubuntu installations but not on others.

The error appears to be occurring at a fairly low-level, in the Mono code. It occurs at a specific point in-game and is reproducible on my customer's computers but not at my end.

I believe we can ignore the error at the top:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/<removed>/.steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.

Because my customers say they see this on plenty of other Unity-Steam-Linux games and if they disable the overlay they are able to play unhindered.

I think the error we need to concentrate on is this one:

*** Error in `/home/<removed>/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Big Pharma/Big Pharma.x86': corrupted double-linked list: 0xe2f00568 ***

Would be very happy to give further details. Not sure what my next step should be. The fact that it occurs at a specific point suggests it could be avoidable but because it occurs so low-down in the code it's difficult for me to work out where the issue is.

It's worth mentioning that this issue does not occur on OSX or Windows. I assume that hints at a bug in the Linux compiler/builder rather than my code?

Thanks in advance, Tim

EDIT: Thought I'd mention something else that it took me a little while to work out. There are essentially two logs laid on top of each other in the attached files. The main Unity one which runs right to the bottom of the file and then the low-level Mono one which overwrites from the top. You can essentially ignore the log file from this line onwards as no error is logged in the Unity part of the log:

Dongle firmware /home/<removed>/.steam/linux32/../controller_base/d0ggle.bin loaded, version 1435869091.

Attached Files:

2. Tak

Tak

This forum is for the experimental Linux edition of the Unity editor.
    For player issues, please file a bug through normal channels (Help->Report a Bug) and we'll address it.
    (Feel free to PM me the resulting bug number.)

3. Twice-Circled

Twice-Circled

I'm so sorry, I was referred here from an email I sent to support@unity3d.com. I have submitted it as a bug and have PM'd you the bug number.

Please feel free to delete this thread.