Search Unity

Corrupt textures in builds.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Zinov, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Zinov

Zinov

Hello. We discovered a strange thing few months ago. When we try to build for different platforms, the assets got reimported and sometimes, when you build first for PC or Android and then switch to iOS build, the textures in the last become corrupted. Same thing goes for Android build also. We are solving this by completely removing Library folder and reimporting the whole project before making the actual build we want to be sure of.

How do you solve those bugs? Because reimporting assets each time we need a stable build looks like a bad decision. But, unfortunately, for us it is the only way to be sure that the build behaves exactly as we want it to.

2. Zinov

Zinov

Nobody encountered this problem ever?

3. Zinov

Zinov

Even Unity's own cloud build has an option to make a clean build, which seems to do exactly this - remove Library folder and reimport the whole project.

4. Zinov

Zinov

Okay, so Unity community is useless again. Surprised. Guess I have to ask Unity Support team then.

5. donmetapod

donmetapod

This happened to me this morning and I just fixed removing the mip maps of each texture on Import Settings.