Search Unity

Corridors from different models

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Nirvan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Nirvan

Nirvan

Hi, I want to make corridors from few different models ( parts of corridor ) but there are problems with placement.
    I want to stitch every model to each other, by I think it's inpossible to do it perfectly manually, and it's time wasting.
    I tried with snapping but I can't find correct value.

For example:
    $c1.jpg
    $c2.jpg

It there any tool which can help me?
    Thanks.

2. wccrawford

wccrawford

Have you tried the snapping tool built in? It's the V key.

3. Nirvan

Nirvan

You mean edit -> snap settings ? Yes, but I have to hold ctrl key, V do nothing. And this tool transforms objects but not stitching to each other.

4. Zeblote

Zeblote

It's very helpful if your modular parts have uniform sizes, say for example this tunnel is exactly 2x4x4 unity large
    Then you can place the first part at exactly 0 0 0 and snap them together perfectly without nonsense after the dot and know they're positioned right
    It will also help when building rooms and connecting the tunnels to things because they will fit without extra work or even ugly scaling

5. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

The scaling will also be important if you're tiling textures because you'll want the edges of the textures to match when you put your pieces together, otherwise you'll see your seams.

6. Nirvan

Nirvan

But first I must have model in unity large, I don't know how to scale my model to it, I using cinema 4D and there are meters.

7. PrimeDerektive

PrimeDerektive

http://docs.unity3d.com/412/Documentation/Manual/PositioningGameObjects.html

8. Nirvan

Nirvan

Thanks PrimeDerektive, now it is fast and easy :)