Search Unity

Corrective Blendshapes playing Backwardswards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KRGraphics, Dec 18, 2020.

1. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hello, guys... So I have an odd issue that I might need help with... I'm testing out corrective blendshapes in Unity 2019.4 and during my tests, the blendshape seemed to be working, but the values are playing backwards for some odd reason.

The rig was done in Modo, it looks correct in the app, but inverted in play. Is there a way to invert the values on the animation? I may have to do this for ANY pose based deformer as the values are baked into the rig.

This is the correct shape and how it's supposed to look. I set the blendshape slider to -100

IMG_20201218_091622.jpg

This is that same blendshape but the values are backwards. IMG_20201218_091645.jpg

2. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

So, since I didn't get any suggestions, I ended up figuring it out on my own this evening, with a quick test. I ended up using some math in Modo to invert the bake value of the corrective blendshape and now it plays correctly in Unity. I don't know what happened, but it looks exactly as I authored it. #yay

I wish I knew why this happens modo_WmnJo6APq7.png gBGEqJEQgB.png modo_eRRRNlW9xM.png 81eWBSmUWT.png