Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

correct usage, initial checkin and download

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Drowning-Monkeys, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

Hi guys,

So i'm a touch confused as to the proper way for a team member to download after I've created an initial checkin.

For example, as far as I can tell, if a team member creates an empty project, then links the project correctly, the collab button will only let him check in his changes, which would erase the project entirely. In order for the team member to download the initial checkin, he/she must "Restore" from history, and then from there the collab tool behaves appropriately.

Is that how its supposed to be? Doesn't seem right.

2. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

When you invite the member to your new project, a new section will appear in the Home Window (when you launch unity and all your project are shown). A new section In the Cloud will now be accessible and your teammate will be able to select the project from there. Afterward, magic tricks are made and the project should download automatically with all the check ins you made so far.
    So no need for him to create an empty project, just open the one in the cloud.

--edit--
    added a screenshot

3. Drowning-Monkeys

Drowning-Monkeys

yup, awesome i just noticed that as i was coming to check on this thread, lol. Thanks!

4. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

Happy to help!