Search Unity

Corel to Photoshop. Advisable?

Discussion in '2D' started by asdx, Apr 23, 2014.

1. asdx

asdx

Hello. I'm intending to buy a drawing tablet and from what I understand I think one model recognizes Corel and the other Photoshop. I really don't know what to choose and I tried my best to search the answer.. Really going quite frustrated.. I hear Unity has no problem in detecting any image formats, but I understand backgrounds/props are better made in Photoshop, while characters are better realized in Corel. I think I should focus on the character, but even for characters I hear some Photoshop should be used.. Is there quality loss from transferring from Corel to Photoshop? Please any word of advice?

2. Fritomaster

Fritomaster

Well I've used photoshop for about 10 years now.

Tablet will work on either. Unless you're buying a expensive one hotkeys suck anywho. Most the software I've seen lets you macro tablet taps in the corners or physical buttons to windows keys.

As for the difference between photoshop and corral.

Photoshop is much better imo for everything but digital painting certain things. Even then its not a big difference and by no means does photoshop have any flaws in that department.

I'd go with photoshop has much more use. Also cheap tablets work fine. Mine was 90 bucks and like 9x11 size and I use it for paid art jobs and never had a complaint.

TLDR:

Don't buy corel unless your digital painting only, get potatoshoop.

3. KesConcept

KesConcept