Search Unity

Assets Core RPG Engine looking for feedback

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Tiny-Tree, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

Hello, my RPG maker is in development and i would love some feedback if few people could test it,

please let me know any problem encountered, what could be enhanced.
    https://github.com/delmarle/RPG-Core

What is Rpg Station?
    A framework that want to simplify creation of RPG games but still provide flexibility, making it easy make any type of game with included functionality. If the game you want to make is not possible out of the box, it will be very easy to extend.

How flexible it is?
    • none of the stats / skills / names / vitals / Character creation, Ui whatever are hardcoded, they care configured through editor.
    • each character will instantiate a scriptable object "calculator" that will be responsible for calculation, tell other component what to do.
    • hot swappable Mechanics feature, that allow you to change controls, component, inputs of your game in a click of a button. that mean you can use ClassicRpgMechanics to have a team based rpg, then change to FPSRpgMechanics and your game will play like skyrim. this does not need to reconfigure your data or your scenes
    Feature list:
    • Saving system
    • hotswappable Mechanics:
      • Swappable character creation
      • Swappable Ui
      • Swapable character Controller / input / camera
    • Stats: Attributes, Vitals, Statistics, Elements
    • Characters: Races, Player classes, Npcs
    • Party, switch Character
    • Factions
    • Abilities
    • Skills
    • World, Scenes Data, Spawners, Portals
    • Interaction: Button, harvestNode, portal

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  2. Circaeus

Circaeus

Hi, your work seems great.
    As i try to implement it in a new scene (v2019.3.15f1), there are some trouble (xrsettings.asset or DB missing).

Is there any installation documentation or prerequisites to avoid some basic mistakes ?

3. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

hello, could you send me the list of errors/stacktrace ?
    -did you checked you had adressables installed ?
    - you downloaded the project and opened it as it is?

i will be working on installation documentation soon if that help

and by the way the engine is now renamed: https://github.com/delmarle/RPG-Core

also to add new scene it is better to duplicate "zone_01" as it is the most complete. then in world/scenes and world/spawnpoints you need to add data for your new scene.

4. Circaeus

Circaeus

Thanks for the new link

Here are my steps
    1- Create a new Project Unity in 2019.3.15f1
    2- Copy/paste in my project directory you zip file and decompress it
    3- Installation of "Addressables" asset from PackageManager/

Finally here is the unique error "Failed to load '.../Assets/RPG-Core-master/station/ProjectSettings/XRSettings.asset'. File may be corrupted or was serialized with a newer version of Unity."
    Code (CSharp):
    1. {
    2.     "m_SettingKeys": [
    3.         "VR Device Disabled",
    4.         "VR Device User Alert"
    5.     ],
    6.     "m_SettingValues": [
    7.         "False",
    8.         "False"
    9.     ]
    10. }

5. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

6. Riordain

Riordain

In the original Mario, this would be walking, running and jumping. The various enemies, bosses, and environments stem from the core mechanics WalmartOne. They are here to surprise the player, challenge his skills and keep the experience fresh.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  7. Circaeus

Circaeus

Trying several ways, but still the same message "Failed to load '.../station/ProjectSettings/XRSettings.asset'. File may be corrupted or was serialized with a newer version of Unity"

As I dowloaded directly from GitHub the zipped file, I can't imagine missing a single file (manifest.json "checked") from https://github.com/delmarle/RPG-Core/archive/master.zip
    :(
    I see that your project as been developed in 2019.3.0f6. Did you try it in a newer one ?

8. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

it would be easier to download the whole repo and open as a project

this seems to be an unfixed bug, if you want i can help you using discord, just add me : TinyTree#9956 else:

try to remove that file /station/ProjectSettings/XRSettings.asset' then re open unity
    it is not used in the project.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020