Search Unity

Core GameKit! Pooling / Spawning / Combat

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jerotas, Jan 27, 2013.

1. jerotas

jerotas

Yes the method doesn't return anything (null). Surely the Playmaker action supports that. Just don't store the result anywhere (there is no result). If there is no option to *not* store the result, please request that Playmaker fixes that.

I've never seen Restart Game not work, so you'd need to send me a Scene so I can see what's going on if you need me to fix that.

-B

2. trojant

trojant

I will try the code you said, and Does random scale objects affects the boss pool performance? Affect batch or draw call in Unity?

3. jerotas

jerotas

It would not affect performance.

Draw calls is all up to you, based on how you use your textures. Nothing to do with Pool Boss.

trojant likes this.
  4. trojant

trojant

Hi,@jerotas
    Wave prefab pool scripts had a problem.I used 'click to select a prefab from pool boss' button,and specified the correct category in every pool item.but when I modified the pool item in category to other, so it is still the last data in run time.but I clicked the confirm selection button again,then clicked 'click to select a prefab from pool boss' button again,the data of pool item in category has become right.

5. trojant

trojant

Hi,@jerotas
    (1) Why do I set the maximum value to 5 and the minimum value to 3 in triggered spawner v2, but still spawner 40 or 50 game objects?

(2) what does this error report mean? It seems to be all the time.Thank you!

Attached Files:

6. trojant

trojant

Hi,@jerotas
    I have three scenes. Suppose persist between scenes in level settings is selected, and three items category are added in pool boss. So can I instantiate only one class in each scene? Because all three items category are instantiated in each scene, will this affect memory performance? Thank you!

7. jerotas

jerotas

Please show me with screen shots what you're talking about and let me know what version of Unity you're using, and I'll try to reproduce it on my end.

8. jerotas

jerotas

The error report means you've already spawned all the clones from Pool Boss and there are no more to use. If you look at the warning right above the error, it provides that detail on how to fix it.

Your enable event in the spawner will only spawn between 3 and 5 *each time* it's enabled. So my guess is you've enabled it many times to get 40 or 50.

9. jerotas

jerotas

You can instantiate all the items in Pool Boss in any Scene, whether it's persisting between scenes or not, as long as you have available Pool Boss items. Should not affect memory any more than not persisting Pool Boss.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    trojant likes this.
  10. trojant

trojant

Thank you for your reply.
    unity 2019.4.18f1c1
    core gamekit 3.2.3.2

11. jerotas

jerotas

I couldn't reproduce it on my end. If you have a Scene you can send me that shows the issue, I can take a look.

Is that a typo? Core GameKit 3.2.3.2 is from 2014. I hope you're on the latest, 3.2.9.2.

12. trojant

trojant

However, the game object is disabled by default.after running the game,I only enabled the game object of triggeredspawnerv2 once. It spawned 40 +.

13. jerotas

jerotas

It doesn't happen in my example scenes, unfortunately. You would need to send me a project that shows the bug so I can reproduce and fix it.

14. trojant

trojant

Hi,@jerotas
    Sorry,I wrote the wrong version. My version is the latest version of 3.2.9.2.

I sent you the questions #1904 and #1905 by email, including the unity project files.Thank you.

15. jerotas

jerotas

Thanks. I was unable to open or extract that rar file. Please re-archive and send again.

16. jerotas

jerotas

I took a look at your sample.

You have Repeat Wave enabled and the field up top called "Wave Completed When" is set to "Items Done Spawning". So it immediately repeats the wave even if you haven't destroyed any of them. Basically, it's immediately going into another wave repetition almost continuously. If you only want one wave at a time, change Wave Completed When to "Items Eliminated".

trojant likes this.
  17. jerotas

jerotas

V 3.2.9.3 is released! Changelog:

• Fixed error spamming if you attempt to edit Triggered Spawner V2 or Killable without LevelSettings game object in the Scene.
    • Fixed error in Playmaker Custom Action for spawning on UI components.
    • Fixed bug with Syncro Spawner wave repeats, being delayed too long before repeat.
    • Fixed bug where Pool Boss would never finish Initializing if a pool item Preload Qty was set to 0.
    • Fixed bug with Custom Events copied from cloning a wave being linked. Couldn't invidually change them. To fix, you'll need to delete and recreate any already linked waves.
    • Fixed bug where Pool Boss Inspector didn't display and spammed errors to Console after a Scene change.
    • Fixed bug in Unity 2021 where domain not reloading settings broke outside the editor.
    • Added new Playmaker Custom Actions: Core GameKit Pool Boss Create New Pool Item, Core GameKit Pool Boss Initialize, Core GameKit Pool Boss Is Ready, Core GameKit Pool Boss Destroy Pool Item, and Core GameKit Pool Boss Item Is Spawned.
    • Added global and per-item option for "Register In-Scene Items" (defaults to checked), that you can uncheck if you wish to disable spawned objects and not have them be used for spawning until they are despawned.
    • Added new asmdef packages for users using Addressables and asmdefs. The existing ones didn't compile if you turned on Addressable support.

18. ncho

ncho

Have a question about this, maybe am missing something - if I choose a prefab (from the content browser) as a prefab to be spawned, then the spawner will prespawn the chosen amount while still in the editor as child objects, but if I then change something on the prefab, I always need to delete all the prespawned child objects and click on the spawner in the hierarchy again to regenerate from the prefab with updated settings. Any way this can be changed?

19. jerotas

jerotas

No, we can't detect changes to the prefab. However, you are missing that there's a button to refresh all visualizations.

On the main LevelWaveSettings game object, there's a "Wave Visualizations" row with the following buttons: Refresh All, Hide All and Disable All. You'd want to click the first one. That row is about 3 inches from from the top of the Inspector.

-B

20. jerotas

jerotas

V 3.2.9.4 changelog:
    • Fixed deleted prefab Pool Boss log spamming.
    • Fixed warnings in Unity 2023.

21. joihnsonlee

joihnsonlee

hi does Core GameKit works with game kit controller?

22. dark_tonic

dark_tonic

There is no affiliation between Core Gamekit and that other package. That said, the powerful spawning and pooling features of Core Gamekit are a nice complement to any project and we are happy to offer integration for any plugin authors.

23. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

good work, just curious how to use killables with humanoids etc as they have colliders on body parts not on parent object

24. dark_tonic

dark_tonic

as long as killable is on the parent object, child colliders will be read and used.

The attached image at bottom shows the collider setup on our husks in Blunderbusted. They are on the child objects, but work.

here you can see it in action:
    https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2...ZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/htvd8tZtfsP75Lx7sa/giphy.gif

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2023
    khushalkhan likes this.