Search Unity

CORE-Framework with 100+ mobile ready shaders [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by echologin, Dec 8, 2012.

?

What version of Unity are you using ?

1. 3.5.x

19.0%
  2. 4.0

6.1%
  3. 4.1

78.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SteveJ

SteveJ

That's NEAT! :)

2. echologin

echologin

I had it using shader keywords with same features but each shader would take FOREVER to compile :(, The Compile button idea made it all less of a hassle, and each one compiles in 1 second or so now. ( just compiles lit shaders )

3. SteveJ

SteveJ

I told you my dissolve thing is sorted right? That now makes Coldfire Keep 100% CORE-Framework!

4. echologin

echologin

Cool !! does your game use lights ? cuz this next update can be faster even when using 1 light

5. SteveJ

SteveJ

It's a light-mapped environment. Single directional for the moving stuff (i.e. the monsters).

6. echologin

echologin

Ahh cool update should give ya some more speed. All thats left to do is test, test and test, which takes a while for all the possibilities ( android, ios, pc, mac, unity 3.5 and 4.x )

7. GXMark

GXMark

Also another improvement for highlighting is to ensure that the highlight width is constant around the objects. In such a way that it does not look like its part of the 3D effect of size change. Can the highlight be faded into the background to give it a kinda gradual smooth look?

8. echologin

echologin

it can be constant there are two scale methods, for cubes right now this scale method is only one that will look right.
    There is a outline material that does have consistent border width,but the mesh can not have harsh edges for it
    to look right.

For non skinned-mesh objects ( such as cube in screenshot ) i have idea to make this irrelevant. in a future update, so it will always be same width outline on every object.

I have been thinking about that faded outline, might try some kinda reverse rim lighting.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  9. GXMark

GXMark

I really think it would be great to get this highlighting really polished because unity projects really are in need of a decent outlining option since so many games require selection of things.

10. echologin

echologin

Thats the plan, I like to make basic new features, see how people use them then improve and polish.

11. malyna

malyna

Hello echoLogin,
    I bought your Framework today and started testing :)

I think I found a BUG, in EchoGameObject::ShaderPropertiesSubmit() there is:

line 1437-1438:

if ( _echoColor_flag )
    echo_MatProperties.AddVector ( echoRGBA_id, _echoColor );

so the color set is not working
    i change it to:

if ( _echoColor_flag )
    echo_MatProperties.AddVector ( echoColor_id, _echoColor );

and everything looks fine.

I downloaded package 1.1 from Asset Store

Hope that helps :)

12. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I wish echo would STFU and not share his framework because my edge over the competition gets smaller every day :D I also heard he's raising the price so anyone on the fence needs to move fast :)

13. malyna

malyna

I think i bought it today because of your posts hippo :) is it clever marketing ?

14. echologin

echologin

Fixed that one already in next update ! ( coming soon )

-Scott

PS: Thanks for buying it

15. IcyPeak

IcyPeak

I bought it too, looks good.

16. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Not really clever marketing, it's actually 100% honest. Scott told me he planned to up the price of it, and I kinda liked just having some of the frameworks features exclusive to my games. I'm a competitive creature. But yeah, it's really cool that Scott's making it available to everyone with the framework :)

I did say it in a light hearted way though, but yeah, worth every penny for desktop stuff too, specially RIFT, because rift requires 2 renders and that's when you get happy that you get speed gains from something like this.

17. malyna

malyna

Yeah, I get massive performance boost after simply replacing my current unity shaders
    If anybody is not yet sure about buying this framework, it will save You months of work and years of learning !

18. echologin

echologin

Hippo did that all on his own lol, not sure what price to goto next ? IM thinking 60-75 usd
    ( i need to be able to support myself this is a 10-12 hour a day thing and would rather not make it part time its so much fun to do )

19. derkoi

derkoi

Hi Scott, I still can't get these shaders to work on any of my iOS projects. I'll message you on Skype the next time you're on.

20. echologin

echologin

Ok im online just about everyday, also I have a beta of next update to send you as well

Last edited: Jun 24, 2013
  21. echologin

echologin

UPDATE:

Hippo-coder talked me into making ramp/toon shaders for upcoming release. ( i was going to wait for next update but ohh well )

Toon/Ramp Shader demo ( also shows the new classes for eye looking also in next update )
    Demo click here

Cool features with these TOON/RAMP Shaders

1) Can get toon/ramp lighting from 1 Directional light, 1 Point Light or Both !
    2) Objects can also optionally get regular lighting from an additional 4 lights.
    3) Each main light can have its own ramp texture.
    4) Can enhance or over-brighten toon effect per material via a Vector 4 RGBA value in material
    5) super fast for mobile
    6) they can receive lightprobe light and use unity realtime shadows
    7) Versions of shaders that only user vertex color and a material RGBA ( no textures )

PS: I know this release is taking longer then I said but I am trying to get the most requested things in. just took longer then i ever imagined. ( will be worth the wait )

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  22. SteveJ

SteveJ

That's awesome! This is something I was hoping you'd do too :)

23. meta87

meta87

The demo looks awesome! Can't wait, thanks for all the hard work :)

24. echologin

echologin

Thanks !

Shouldn't be long now, have a bunch of people testing it in real apps, just waiting for any bugs reports

BTW there is a bumpmaped ramp/toon shader as well ( its on the castle thing in demo )

25. JayG81

JayG81

That looks fantastic! The style of it reminds me of "Out Of This World" a bit--in 3D!

Glad the update is almost ready. I'm on the homestretch of finishing what I'm working on; it runs fantastic with your shaders!

Thanks!

26. echologin

echologin

Should be soon no bugs found for last 24 hours.

27. KhmerDude

KhmerDude

so from a caveman perspective what is all this mean?

• Over 80 lightning-fast, hand-optimized vertex/fragment shaders.
    • NEW: Object Highlighting system using Outlines and Overlays ( does not need unity pro )
    • NEW: Realtime Shadows in all lit shaders ( pro only )
    • NEW: Light-probe support in all lit shaders
    • NEW: Beast light-mapping in all unlit and transparent shaders
    • NEW: More sample projects
    • NEW: Asteroid Belt class
    • NEW: Smooth blended cell animation
    • EchoFXEvent Framework with pre-made effects, you can add into your games
    • EchoFXEvent class provides the ability to add your own custom effects
    • Two methods of doing cell animation on objects/meshes
    • Per GameObject Shader properties. ( no more multiple materials for shader effects )
    • Set various startup properties and options on GameObjects
    • Full pooling support of GameObjects
    • Fast Linked List Class
    • The full C# source techniques for the Space Demo project are yours to play with
    • 10 simple JS projects to demonstrate the use of the framework

CORE-Framework has 6 groups of shaders

Additive
    Background
    Light ( uses one directional, one point, both or light-probes )
    Projector
    Transparent
    Unlit

I'm in the process of converting my gameobject to use unity mobile shader but it not working as it suppose to be.
    will it allow some of my tree and so to use your shader and work smoothly in android mobile?

28. echologin

echologin

My shaders and framework are tested extensively on android and ios.

As for explaining all what the framework is, I am going to make some videos soon to show what it all does!!
    I think that will help more then anything i can't type in text.

29. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Videos? I've seen scott wearing a tin foil hat, so I expect some pretty good vids. All customers need to immediately skype scott and demand he wear the tin foil hat. Hopefully that's a lot of customers.

30. KhmerDude

KhmerDude

I didn't say your shader don't work. I just want to know what exactly does it do if I were to purchase your shader. like hey my shader will replace unity shader but better. is that what it does?

31. imtrobin

imtrobin

Unity mobile shaders are quite limited, and echo shaders are faster, so when you are trying to do more, you will find you need them if you want to squeeze extra performance.

32. StarAbove

StarAbove

That would be awesome, tin foil man! To be honest, when I read all that descriptions, it goes right inside my eyes, hit my brain, bounce it around and just come right back out. That's why I'm still hesitating to buy the asset.

33. Tiny-Tree

Tiny-Tree

Hello I have a question about the framework. do we have access to 100% of the feature if we use basic/free version of unity or pro version re required?

34. SteveJ

SteveJ

Hi :) I'm having an issue and hoping for some quick tips.

I'm using echoLogin/Light/BumpMap/10-fastest on everything in my scene. Single directional light.

Everything looks good in the editor but on my iPhone 5 everything is completely dark. Ambient light seems to have some effect, but even on pure white it's still not all that bright.

Any thoughts?

35. echologin

echologin

Can you show me a screenshot ? ( pm me link )

The update coming has options to make brightness same as unity shaders.

Preparing to submit right now.

( sorry for delay been working night and day to get this update out finally )

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  36. echologin

echologin

Everything works in all versions of unity, except anything related to shadows.

( sorry for delay been working night and day to get this update out finally )

37. SteveJ

SteveJ

Hey - I managed to inadvertently fix this while trying to get realtime shadows working. Once I changed the shadow distance (for mobile) from the default 20 to 65 (to cover everything on screen) the lighting all came good and shadows started working on the iPhone 5.

38. echologin

echologin

Cool, i did find a bug in shadows in current version. this update will make shadows look 100 times better and a little faster
    ( and there is option to Tint Shadows in update )

if you want i could pm you a link to latest ?

39. SteveJ

SteveJ

Sure - I'll give it a shot :)

How long until the "official" release?

40. echologin

echologin

Im hoping tonight or tomorrow, just making screenshots, readme and stuff like that today.

Everytime I say its coming some mind numbing bug comes up.. but i really think "This Is It" now
    This is a HUGE update. So play around with it in a separate test project b4 adding to a real one.

link sent!

1.2 Readme.txt Link so far

v1.2 -- 6 Lights - Spotlight/Flashlight - bumpmap demo
    Click Here

41. IcyPeak

IcyPeak

The notes look great... looking forward to the new version here and will be using it in a first project (held off on integration for it since this was slated to come soon, but have been busily working on the rest ;) ).

42. echologin

echologin

Submitting now --- Yippe Kay Yaaaay

Raising price to $75 dollars, last chance to get it at $50 ( usd )

ScreenShots \ Info for v1.2
    Screen1
    Screen2
    Screen3
    Screen4
    Screen5

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  43. JayG81

JayG81

I'm giddy! :grin:

Can't wait to use that spotlight on my bumpmapped materials; it's going to look great. Thanks for all your hard work!

44. echologin

echologin

Thanks, that means a lot ! I have been working on this for a year now, 12 hours avg a day

45. acriticalstrike

acriticalstrike

I just bought the core framework package, it's very fine work! Will you add playmaker actions support? Playmaker support would be absolutely epic! :D

46. echologin

echologin

Thanks !!, update should be up soon ( just waiting for approval on store ).

playmaker actions are planned, though I cant say a timeframe on that right now.

47. acriticalstrike

acriticalstrike

I bought this package yesterday but I'm still having trouble understanding how to use these shaders correctly I can't seem to re-create many of the FX i see in the example scenes and I'm lost as to how I can utilize this core framework. Can you please provide some more documentation and guides that can get me started? I would like to make some cool special effects for my space shooter game :grin:

Thanks!

48. echologin

echologin

Video tutorials coming shortly. ( for v1.2 )

Do you have Skype ? I could walk you through anything you need from that and send you the 1.2 update

( Skype name == "echoLogin" )

PS: Are you the guy who emailed me also ? I replied to that as well.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  49. JayG81

JayG81

I like the new title graphic you used in the asset store! It would make me want to buy the package (if I hadn't already). Downloading now. :grin:

50. echologin

echologin

Cool any questions just ask ( i prefer skype to email if you have it "echoLogin" ) or just pm me here