Search Unity

CORE-Framework with 100+ mobile ready shaders [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by echologin, Dec 8, 2012.

?

What version of Unity are you using ?

1. 3.5.x

19.0%
  2. 4.0

6.1%
  3. 4.1

78.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. echologin

echologin

Do i have you now Skype ? if not can you add me "echoLogin" ? i don't have a windows phone and I'm just guessing what could be wrong

Also is the Directional light the only light you are using ?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  2. toto2003

toto2003

hello echologin,
    i just own your product for fast performance on mobile, i d like to use lot of gameobjectson my scene, i check the pool gameobject scene with your shader, but i notice they dont use the dynamic batching, is this something related to your shader?

maybe it has something to do with this
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/iphone-DrawCall-Batching.html

Batching dynamic objects has certain overhead per vertex, so batching is applied only to meshes containing less than 900 vertex attributes in total.

If your shader is using Vertex Position, Normal and single UV, then you can batch up to 300 verts and if your shader is using Vertex Position, Normal, UV0, UV1 and Tangent, then only 180 verts

thanks for this releasing this asset anyway

3. toto2003

toto2003

nevermind it does batch, there was too many vertex on the prefab.
    cheers

4. arkon

arkon

Hi, I'm having a problem with the etiologic/light/BumpMap/10-Fastest shaders on IOS. I'm using the latest 4.6.2.p2 unity and building to IOS. I'm getting the same problem I had a while ago where all the objects using this shader are black. The fix prior to this was to force ESGL2 in the build preferences and all was good. No though I don't want to force GL2, but use metal, or basically leave unity set to Auto.

The shader looks fine in the editor, but black as coal on the device.

5. arkon

arkon

Help Echo please.

6. hopeful

hopeful

(Send a PM if you still need help, as it seems forum posts often don't ping the forum owner.)

7. arkon

arkon

I did! He must be on holiday or something. I think my problem is this set of shaders only works on ES2, when you set Unity to Auto so it takes advantage of devices with 'Metal' or ES3, the bump mapped shaders don't work. (it does say in the product description ES2 on Mobile, so does that mean I'm stuffed?)

8. gecko

gecko

I want this:
    But I can't get it to work. I've lightmapped the scene, and when I choose Unity's Diffuse shader, I get shadows, but when I switch to echoLogin: Light: Diffuse with Lightmap, the shadows disappear. I've complied the shaders with "Add Beast Code" and "Unity Lights" enabled. What am I doing wrong?

9. echologin

echologin

Hi sorry ... my dad is sick I been spending a lot of time helping my mom take care of him ...

1) all bumpmap shaders use vertex colors . if they are missing on model it seems unity makes the vertex
    colors 1,1,1,1 in editor but 0,0,0,0 on device .. so make sure the model has vertex colors.

2) the shadow problem .. try using 2 directional lights 1 for beast for for real-time light

As allways best/fastest way to solve a problem is add me to Skype "echoLogin"

-Scott

10. Steve-Tack

Steve-Tack

For me this is not a high priority, just an FYI. I totally understand about family issues!

With Unity 5 official out today, I thought I'd make a copy of my current project and try to convert it from 4.6 to 5.0, just to get a feel for any pain points. I'm not planning on converting for real right away though. I got a lot of errors from CORE Framework, all due to the dropped support for special properties as opposed to GetComponent<T>:

* References to the .collider property as opposed to GetComponent<Collider>
    * Same with .renderer
    * Same with "stacks" of properties like .renderer.materials, .renderer.worldToLocalMatrix, and .renderer.sharedMaterial

I could have used the automatic converter option I suppose, but that makes me nervous.

For now, I can change these (the beauty of having source code!), but I thought you might want to know.

11. echologin

echologin

I have a beta that works with 5.0 .. just email me your invoice number and ill send a link to download it

12. Steve-Tack

Steve-Tack

I don't have an e-mail address for you, but PM sent.

13. ChaneDev

ChaneDev

14. echologin

echologin

I sent out all the unity5 core's check your emails and PM's
    i will try to get it uploaded to asset store soon as i can ( might be a few weeks )

OnePxl likes this.
  15. Griffo

Griffo

Hi Scott,

Can you help me please, I've just loaded Unity 5 and when finished it gave me an error

Assets/Plugins/EchoLogin/EchoGameObject.cs(864,76): error CS0039: Cannot convert type `EchoGameObject' to `UnityEngine.GameObject' via a built-in conversion

This is the line ..

GameObjectnewgo = UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate ( this ) asGameObject;

Can to tell me what to do please, thank you.

16. jerydarkside

jerydarkside

Same here! :) I bought Core Framework a while ago, but decided to give it a try with Unity 5. Running into issues like Griffo's one, but waiting for the release working with Unity 5 :)

17. hopeful

hopeful

Scott may not be available right now. I sent him a couple of emails a few days ago trying to get a copy of the beta that works with Unity 5 and he hasn't responded yet.

18. Deleted User

Deleted User

this.gameObject

Fixed it for me.

P

19. Griffo

Griffo

Me to .. ;)

20. echologin

echologin

I sent out all beta emails ..

Sorry for being behind on things . I could write a book of all the crap going on right now ...
    Going through a divorce.
    I spend half the week helping my mom with my sick dad for last 6 months
    Now my Grandma just died Friday ..
    My PC and iMac died within the same week ( had to get new machine )
    Then in the time i do have i been doing contract work and trying to update assets

just been crazy lately, I'm surprised i didn't go crazy yet. lol

Trying to get back on track ... ill upload the unity5 version as soon as i can
    in the meantime just PM,Email me your invoice and ill send the latest thats works with Unity5
    ( or add me to Skype : echoLogin )

twobob likes this.
  21. OnePxl

OnePxl

Holy S*** man! My condolences and best wishes.

echologin likes this.
  22. hopeful

hopeful

I got my beta copy today. Thanks!

I had a feeling you were going through some serious "real life" stuff. Wish you the best with all of it.

echologin likes this.
  23. hunz

hunz

Anyone know if you can do a similar thing to unity's _colorTint?

On light materials I can only see _echoRGBA and that doesn't effect the whole material it just effects the lit area on the model.

I'm faking my shadows and am hoping to have my character go dark when they walk into the shade.

Thanks.

24. echologin

echologin

This is problem because i multiply the echoRGBA color in the vertex shader ...( for speed ) where as the effect you want might need the _echoRGBA multiplied at end per pixel ..

it would be possible to edit the echologin_litvertexshader.cginc ... take out all the _echoRGBA's in vertex and move it into the frag part ..

so near of of the cginc file make it look like this
    return fixed4 ( fcolor.xyz * lcolor * _echoRGBA, 1 );

then remove any _echoRGBA above that in the vertex shader

then in actual shader change
    float4 _echoRGBA;
    to
    fixed4 _echoRGBA;

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    twobob likes this.
  25. WarpBubble

WarpBubble

Hey! Thought I'd mention I'm seeing this error a lot when trying to compile shaders...

Shader error in 'echoLogin/Light/Solid/Color': variable 'o' used without having been completely initialized at Assets/echoLogin/Shaders/Light/echologin_LitVertexShader.cginc(314) (on d3d9)

Compiling Vertex program with SHADOWS_SCREEN LIGHTMAP_ON

It seems to happen with a variety of shaders and settings, can't find a particular pattern. Any idea? :)

Thanks!

Edit: I'm using Unity 5 64 bit editor and Echo Core 1.4-beta4 that you emailed to me a few weeks back on an IOS project using a windows 7 machine.

Edit 2: Noticed one of them had a different error, in case it's relevant..

Shader error in 'echoLogin/Light/30-Specular': Failed to find parameters of a compiled D3D9 shader (on d3d9)

Compiling Vertex program with SHADOWS_SCREEN LIGHTMAP_ON

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  26. BES

BES

Sorry i am late to the party it seems... I just tried to get this asset to run in Unity 5 ..but got the error above...
    I changed the line to this:
    I am not sure if I did that right even though it got rid of the errors...since I am not an uber programmer ... it all seems to be working properly .. for the most part.. lots of the models in the demos are showing up pink ..

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  27. BES

BES

Looks like some of the shaders are broke ..like light-->bumpmap--> 10-fastest ... it wont let me throw a normal on the material and it stays pink..

28. echologin

echologin

Ahh crap ... ill have to install Unity on my Windows machine .. been solely working on osx since i got new computers

Gimme a day or 2 ill have a new beta

hopeful likes this.
  29. WarpBubble

WarpBubble

Cool, thank you! Also just realised I'm getting EXC_BAD_ACCESS messages when I build to the device (iphone 4S) related to EchoFXEvent. Although it freezes the running process in xcode, thankfully the build still works once I unplug the device and re-launch on the deice itself. I don't know enough about xcode to have a clue what that means, hopefully it's related to the other issue :)

Under the thread cue it stops on 0 m_EchoFXEvent_ProcessInUpdate. Clicking 'Continue program execution' seems to jump straight back to it.

No idea if it makes a difference but for the sake of transparency I'm building my IOS project in windows then opening it in xcode in VMware via a shared network folder (I need a mac too! :) )

I've read through this thread about your current problems so I very much appreciate you taking the time, and please don't feel pressured on my account, I've got plenty of other things to be getting on with in the mean time :)

30. BES

BES

lol... yeah go ahead and skip over my post .... I just hope the Unity 5 issues get resolved and everything works again like they should ...
    Most of the materials in multiple assets are pink now in Unity 5 ...its rather annoying ... shader related errors ..etc

31. timothyallan

timothyallan

tranparency_issue.JPG I've got a few truecolor png textures on quads I'm using for some 2D plants. I use one prefab, pool about 50 of them up and randomize the materials from 5 textures.

This works great, however, sometimes I get very visible transparent squares on the quad, even with textures that are identical. Look at the back two images, they are the same texture as the front ones. This only happens with the Core shaders, it works fine with Unity's shader... but my drawcalls go through the roof.

Any suggestions? I've tried almost all of the transparent and some of the light ones with the same result. The objects are -identical- in the inspector, except for the transform pos/rotation.

Edit: I've found that the projector I have projecting sun movement rays onto the ground is the culprit, I still don't know why it's only Core shaders though!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  32. WarpBubble

WarpBubble

You can forget I mentioned that part because today I dropped my initial scene from my build and it no longer has the EXC_BAD_ACCESS errors so it must just be an issue with that scene I need to investigate.

33. Ben-BearFish

Ben-BearFish

I was looking through your setup videos and really liked what I saw regarding the plugin. The question I had was does your plugin support multiple directional lights? It seems like in the example videos you only used one directional light.

Also, does your plugin provide multi-shadow casting for multiple lights in forward rendering? Thank you.

34. echologin

echologin

NO just one directional light, one point light then 4 extra point lights if needed ...

twobob likes this.
  35. Deleted User

Deleted User

I am using the echologin>Light>10-Fastest shader with Unity’s realtime shadows in Unity 5.0.1. The shadows show up in the editor, but not when I build to iOS. I am not using Beast, and I'm pretty sure I have things set up correctly with the _EchoCoreManager prefab and shaders compiled. Is this expected, or is something wrong? Is anyone else experiencing this?

36. echologin

echologin

You the same guy I'm talking to in Skype right ?

Trying to fix this problem now ...

37. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes, I am the same guy

echologin likes this.
  38. hopeful

hopeful

@echologin - Can you think of any reason GI Proxy wouldn't work well with CORE Framework? It's on sale, and it looks like it would be complementary to CORE.

39. echologin

echologin

it depends if it requires its own custom shaders ... i am not familiar with that asset

40. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

What's working email? I sent mail to core@echolo....com 4-5 days ago to get latest demo for Unity 5, but no reply yet.

41. echologin

echologin

Hi sorry so busy ill check it right now .. il have a new beta built tonight sometime ... ill send that when its ready

Last edited: May 11, 2015
    Meltdown, twobob and hopeful like this.
  42. twobob

twobob

http://kaycare.co.uk/games/animals/ pure CORE driven.

:) bit of light relief

upload_2015-5-16_1-12-20.png

Gotta match em all!

Warning.. you must be old enough to lift one finger to play...
    The ability to wiggle ones arm is additionally useful

echologin and Meltdown like this.
  43. Meltdown

Meltdown

Hi Scott,

How do we get access to the beta for Unity 5? I tried to import the existing asset store version and there are errors.

Thanks

44. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

The latest beta2 is not yet working with current Unity 5 enlighten lightmaps, or I am missing something? I see there is still beast reference all over the code, so probably this is not done yet?

45. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I spoke to Scott recently, he seemed to be working a lot on the new unity 5 stuff like lightmapping and so on.

46. twobob

twobob

I mangled that stuff together out of the old lot, in anticipation of the new lot.

Love CORE stuff, really was the best for performance IMHO. Big support for Scott and his efforts to bring this to the new release. Total respect.

echologin and hopeful like this.
  47. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Thank you for letting me know! Will patiently wait for the update. I loved the performance so much too, so that I do not want to change to other shaders :)

48. echologin

echologin

Sorry for delay my father is in hospital again just got home ..
    I should have a unity5 beta ( v1.5 its unity5 only ) ready in a few hours

So if you want it . just PM me your invoice # ( or msg me on Skype "echoLogin" )

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  49. echologin

echologin

Pm me your Invoice number

50. echologin

echologin

Pm me in a few hours or 2maro .. ( if if you have me on Skype msg me "echoLogin" ) i will have a unity 5 beta
    Ready ..