Search Unity

copy/paste keyframes in Animation "Curves" mode

Discussion in 'Animation' started by funshark, Sep 28, 2014.

1. funshark

funshark

This one bugging me for weeks now :)

It seems that no one is affected by that but it's very hard sometimes to not be able to copy/paste keys inside the curve editor. Since the Dope sheet view is far from perfect ( when there is more than 3 animated objects, it's unreadable ), this "functionality" could save some headaches :)

Is it something planned? Anyone has a workaround? And more generally, is there something planned to improve the dopesheet ?

2. whitneymisch

whitneymisch

+1 The animators on my team have found animating directly in unity mostly unusable.

3. smetzzz

smetzzz

Yes, animators and motion designer find Animation view unusable. We need Bezier curves! Hermite curves just don't do enough.

4. funshark

funshark

Well, I think we need first a better layout/presentation; and maybe something more like after effect

5. smetzzz

smetzzz

Agreed, A really animator friendly curve editor would open a whole world to animators and motion designer to animate inside unity rather than third party apps. This would be a smart business move on Unity's part. I know they showed the demo at Unite about the Director feature which looks like a nice timeline editor. I hope they include a nice curve and keyframe editor in that update. We probably won't see it until 5.5 or 6 though.

6. funshark

funshark