Search Unity

Question Copy items and currencies from one Environment to other

Discussion in 'Economy' started by matronator, Apr 2, 2022.

1. matronator

matronator

So I'm just starting out with the steps in the Setup Guide page and in the first step "Check your Environments" it suggests to create a new Developing or Staging Environment in addition to the Production one created automatically.

So I do that, but then the next step is "Creating your first Currency" which I thought was weird, because I already created a bunch of stuff earlier. Then I notice that my Environment got switched from Production to the newly created Development one and it has no items, currencies or other things in it.

Is there some way I could copy the stuff from one the Production environment to the Development one?

Luckily now I don't have many items there, but I imagine in the future, it would be a pain maintaining two sets of the same thing on both Environments manually. I mean sure, there might be some differences, but the core game currencies and items that will always be in the game will be the same on both Environments, so it makes sense to be able to easily synchronize them or copy items from one to the other.

Thanks!

HaydeLudos likes this.
  2. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @matronator,

Thanks for your excellent suggestion. The ability to copy indivudual or multiple Economy definition entries between environments would be a great addition. It would help to streamline the workflow and remove the chance of errors being introduced by manual entry mistakes.

I have logged a feature request and will be sure to update the forum with any news or updates.

Thanks
    Laurie

HaydeLudos and matronator like this.
  3. HaydeLudos

HaydeLudos

Hello,

Any updates on this?

Thanks
    Hayde

4. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @HaydeLudos

It is still on our roadmap, but we haven't managed to get to it yet and I'm afraid I can't provide an ETA.
    I will be sure to follow up when I have news.

LiterallyJeff and HaydeLudos like this.
  5. the_humble

the_humble

Hello @Laurie-Unity, sorry for the tagging, but I wanted to know if there was any update to this feature, it would be really helpful for our project as we have multiple hundred items that we were testing before pushing to our production environment.

sampenguin likes this.
  6. KevinCastejon

KevinCastejon

any large-scale game using the Unity Economy service? I don't even see how it is possible to maintain hundred of items without making mistake... It's insane and useless work and adding a duplicate feature should be so easy to implement... Just a shame...

sampenguin likes this.
  7. sampenguin

sampenguin

Adding to the chorus. Came looking here because I need this feature. It's a given in all other ops solution services I've used that use a staged environment flow, kind of shocked there's no standard "promote" feature at least in the standard direction of dev->stage->production. Is anyone actually working on the overall Dashboard UX because it's been pretty stagnant for a year...?

KevinCastejon likes this.
  8. KevinCastejon

KevinCastejon

10 months later still no news ?

9. GabKBelmonte

GabKBelmonte

Unity Technologies

Hey guys!

I am a dev from a UGS/UC experience team, we collaborate with different services teams in making it easier and more cohesive to use services for automation and through the editor, but are not de-facto part of those teams.

We have the Deployment Package , which as of now supports economy as of com.unity.services.economy from 3.2.1.

We'll be making the announcement on the forums and discord soon, but editor side it will look something like [this](https://forum.unity.com/threads/clo...-from-the-editor-officially-released.1423911/).

The [CLI](https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...-cli/blob/main/Samples/Deploy/instructions.md) also supports it for automation purposes. It further supports the capacity to bring down all your configuration into files.

You could do something like this:
    {code}
    # only need to do it once to get or update your setup
    ugs fetch Assets/MyEconomy -s economy -e dev --reconcile

# At any point, or from the deployment window
    ugs deploy Assets/MyEconomy
    {code}

The CLI does require you to set up a service account, which the editor does not.
    Feel free to poke me for more info. We're continuously improving the workflows, but we're not working with the
    services teams directly.

I will post again here the forum post is good to go, and as always, we're here for help and feedback.

Cheers!

KevinCastejon likes this.
  10. KevinCastejon

KevinCastejon

Thanks for info