Search Unity

Copy IK manager2d to another character

Discussion in '2D' started by scozirge, Jul 18, 2021.

1. scozirge

scozirge

Is there an easy way to copy IK manager 2d from an already set up character to another character? Do I need to do it manually again when I have a new character and make sure all IKsolver's positions are the same so the animation won't go wrong?
    upload_2021-7-18_21-36-42.png

Many thanks

2. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

Hey,

As far as I know, I don't think it's possible to copy the component over in any meaningful way. I use 2D IK a lot, and even if you were able to copy it, I don't think you'd save much time. You would still need to plug in the correct bone into each effector slot.

That being said, I've never felt the need to copy the component over, because it takes me under two minutes to add IK to all 4 limbs.

Maybe this will help save you some time, here's a video of my current method: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GRZqFo6s6RpSSd9UKeKBnO3vmyAkIBwc/view?usp=sharing

Also, if you were unaware, you can rename bones in the Sprite Editor by clicking on "Visibility" in the top right of the "Skinning Editor" tab. This might help with clarity in the Hierarchy.

Hopefully that was of some help, good luck!

scozirge likes this.
  3. scozirge

scozirge

Appreciate! very helpful~

Unrighteouss likes this.