Search Unity

Copy Console Output to Clipboard?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by FreelanceGames, Dec 18, 2012.

1. FreelanceGames

FreelanceGames

Is there a way to copy the Console output to the clipboard? I understand it is possible to copy the editor to the clipboard, but the console output is only a subset of the editor output.

2. Jessy

Jessy

...you select the text and Command-C it. Am I missing something?

3. FreelanceGames

FreelanceGames

I can select a single console line and then use CTRL C to copy the line (I'm using a PC), but there doesn't seem to be any way of copy multiple lines at the same time?

4. Darkhazard

Darkhazard

Open the editor log.

Scroll down until you see the messages you need to copy. There will be a lot on the top you don't need.

5. FreelanceGames

FreelanceGames

I acknowledged that solution was possible in my initial question, but I was trying to find a solution that avoided cutting a subset of the Editor Log.

6. PokeJoe

PokeJoe

Still no real answer to this one, eh? Or perhaps my Google-fu is weak. But I, too, haven't found a good way to be able to copy from the console (also on Windows). One line at a time is really... not helpful.

Edit: Okay so I found this but I suspect it is out of date. In my AppData folder there is a directory called Editor-4.x, but it doesn't contain any such log.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  7. cactusgame

cactusgame

You could click right-top cornor of the "Console Panel", just click "Open Editor Log" with Unity 4.x

mmmshuddup and Khounine like this.
  8. philomelus

philomelus

This still works in 5.x as well. Its hard to see the tiny doohickey to click ...

BBI-GaryShaw likes this.
  9. doneykoo

doneykoo

For now I found the 'Console Enhanced' plugin in asset store works well by multi selection directly in its console window.
    It has lite and pro edition.

10. subfire

subfire

thanks!

11. Christopher-Taljaard

Christopher-Taljaard

If you want a more concise log, that matches what you see in the editor console window, you can also click the corner console panel and under stack trace logging turn all to none. Then when you open up the editor log it should have less stuff for you to wade through!

lclemens and Lednar like this.
  12. Lednar

Lednar

Thanks!

13. Ostendo

Ostendo

Here's a trick I found. (Check out trick #2)
    #1 you can expand the window to show more lines for copying
    #2 If you copy a line [while holding the mouse button down] you can use the scroll wheel on your mouse to continue scrolling and select additional lines.
    #3 If you select the single line and copy just that. It will copy the entire segment of that log. Hopefully this makes sense.

-Xpius

rbitard likes this.
  14. Haxel0rd

Haxel0rd

Unity should f*ing allow the copying from console!!
    Can not understand how this is even not possible in 2022.

Krishx007 and MaxOvezov95 like this.
  15. breban1

breban1

You can copy from the console quite easily:

1) Select the first entry in the console (or press HOME while in the console window)
    2) Press CTRL-SHIFT-END
    3) Press CTRL-C to copy the entire log
    4) Paste into your favorite editor

16. Krishx007

Krishx007

After selecting the first entry in console you can also press CTRL+A to select all, then press CTRL+C to copy the entire log.

17. calvindebeverly

calvindebeverly

I click/select the first line I want to copy, then while holding down the <shift> key I click on the last line I want in the series to copy and then <CTRL> C. But I still get a bunch of unwanted information. Wished I could just do a WYSIWYG.