Search Unity

Copy Addressable Build output file between different PC editor.

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by NoDumbQuestion, Nov 6, 2019.

1. NoDumbQuestion

NoDumbQuestion

Building Addressable can be a tedious task so I want to just let 1 remote editor build and send me back a zip file of build file.

So after run editor code
    AddressableAssetSettings.BuildPlayerContent();
    , then copy everything inside
    Library\com.unity.addressables\StreamingAssetsCopy\aa\Android\Android
    to another editor would work?

2. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

In a straightforward case, I would think so (I haven't tested this so I could be wrong). The main issue I could see coming up is if you need to update a build on your local machine. Because on Asset Database V1 we can't guarantee determinism across different machines, a build update will probably think everything has changed since asset hashes will most likely be different on your local machine. If you do a regular build player content locally it'll overwrite everything as well. Also since you don't have, and probably wouldn't be able to take advantage of, the Build Cache, rebuilding locally wouldn't be able to use any of SBPs incremental build features.

But, if you're just building player content remotely and then bringing it to your local machine to build the player or use the built content in a testing of some kind it should be fine as best as I can tell.

Hopefully that'll work for your use case.

NoDumbQuestion likes this.