Search Unity

Cool Unity3D Game I Hadn't Heard of...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dustin-Horne, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Has anyone else seen / tried Freeman: Star Edge? I've been following them on twitter for a bit and they released an alpha. I've downloaded but not played yet. The game looks really cool and going through their dev blog I found screen shots and discovered it's made with Unity! Looks like a really cool project. I searched the forums and was surprised not to find any references for it yet.

https://freeman-game.com/

Buhlaine and Farelle like this.
  2. Farelle

Farelle

I have never heard of this game, but it surely looks interesting (and not at all like what you imagine under unity games :) )

3. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

That was kind of my thinking. I'm going to try it out over lunch today. The videos at least looked pretty polished and it's supposedly a big world.

4. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Let us know what it's like.

5. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Will do! :)

EternalAmbiguity likes this.
  6. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Ok so I've only played a little bit so far. It's definitely alpha but looks pretty good for an alpha. The environments could be a bit more populated and combat could be a bit more controllable but your character has attributes that I bet help this. Also enemies can shoot from a bit far away imho.

Character customization is coming along. Space flight was a little meh but you can enter space and shoot down other ships. It's just hard to find them and you have to fly to an exit point to go back to the map which is slow.

I couldn't figure out how to lock on to a target to use missiles but lasers were effective. I right away flew to an at war planet controlled by bandits. My pistol wasn't enough to overtake them and they killed me. :) But you just lose some look at tokens so it's not game over.

All in all, pretty fun and polished as long as you remember it's an early alpha. There are factions and slews of other things that I don't know what they're for so I'm guessing there's going to be a lot more to the mechanics. It's definitely not just a shooter.

I'd recommend trying it out if you want to kill some time on an alpha product. I think it has really good potential and the gameplay was smooth for me even on "Fantastic".

7. Rick_Swash

Rick_Swash

What about Food Haste, have you heard of it? My friends are talking about it but i don't know if i should download it

8. N1warhead

N1warhead

Is this game Multiplayer with friends?

9. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

I dunno, I don't see that it is in the alpha but it could be by rtm I suppose.

10. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Please don't spam the forums. Food Haste is your game. How do I know? Because you said so when you also posted it in the User Blogs thread. Make your own thread in the correct section.

11. Ryiah

Ryiah