Search Unity

Cookie Permission shows multiple times and no video is shown

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by nich2408, Jul 16, 2019.

1. nich2408

nich2408

Hi, I'm trying to implement Ads system via Package Manager. On editor (test mode) the test ad is shown and the reward logic works, but on devices a cookie permission prompt is shown each time I try to load an ad and no video is shown after granting.
    Here's some info:
    • Unity 2017.3.0f3
    • Test mode enabled via Unity Dashboard (no testMode bool in script) across all devices, even with enabled (either via script or dashboard) the problem persists
    • The ad is "ready" (I try to show the ad only if Advertisement.IsReady())
    • After the cookie permission prompt, no video ad is shown
    • Using latest Unity Monetization package from Asset Store
    • Using Advertisements API
    • Tested on multiple android devices, same result
    • Not using built in ads system (there would be a conflict, also it doesn't work with IUnityAdsListener)
    I also found the documentation a bit misleading as I don't get when to use the Advertisement API and the Monetization API, maybe it's the cause.
    Looking for response, thanks

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  2. nich2408

nich2408

UPDATE: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Don't really know what's happening at this point. Could having Advertisement.Initialize() called multiple times during app runtime be a problem? The scene gets restarted after the game ends.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  3. nich2408

nich2408

UPDATE: sorry for multiple posts, but ads integration became pure hell. Now I decided to insert a custom GPDR consent because Unity's one looks broken, and now real ads are shown instead of test ones! Test mode is overridden from Dashboard, and I can't find what's the problem. Maybe it's time to switch to another ad platform...
    UPDATE: turned off "test mode enabled" from Services tab on Editor, left forced test mode on Dashboard. Now it works also with the built in GPDR consent!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

I'm glad you were able to get the problems sorted out, though it sounds like it was a lot of trouble.

It is expected that the cookie permission prompt is shown for every video while in test mode.

However, you should always see the test video after you confirm the setting. We'll look into this and try to reproduce.

If you are using the Personalized Placements feature, then you must use the Monetization API. For all other cases, you can use the Advertising API.

I don't know if it would cause this particular issue, but as a best practice, you should initialize the Ads SDK once (as early as possible) and then not initialize it again.

We'll try to test a few different settings and see if we can reproduce the problems you ran into. Thanks for reporting this.

5. nich2408

nich2408

Thanks for the detailed reply.