Search Unity

ConvertToEntity bug ?

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by filod, Nov 25, 2019.

1. filod

filod

Play around with entities 0.2.0-preview.18, ConvertToEntity's Convert And Inject GameObject is not working now, Gameobjects are always destroyed

2. eizenhorn

eizenhorn

3. The-Oddler

The-Oddler

For those that don't want to read through everything of the link posted above (as most of it is not relevant for this specific problem) here's what they say there:

This is indeed a bug, and not working normally.

However, there is a workaround. Since the bug only seems to happen with root object, and we can use that fact to work around the problem:

1) Create a new root object with a "Convert to Entity" component set to "Convert and Destroy"
    2) Add your current object (with their "Convert to Entity" set to "Convert and Inject") as children to this root object

Voila, it should work again then.

In your Hierarchy it will look something like:

upload_2019-11-25_15-24-46.png

Where player used to be just a root object, but now is a child of this new parent object. I named it specifically like that so I know it's there for a workaround.

This new parent object is very simple:

upload_2019-11-25_15-25-47.png

The player looks like this:

upload_2019-11-25_15-26-23.png

When going into play mode the parent object will be destroyed, but the children will then become root objects. And everything should work like before. I haven't tested this a lot yet, but at first glance it seems to work.

filod and psuong like this.
  4. RoughSpaghetti3211

RoughSpaghetti3211

Thank you

5. Fabrice_Lete

Fabrice_Lete

Unity Technologies

Thanks for reporting the issue, the regression has been fixed in the upcoming package update.

6. GilCat

GilCat

It's fixed in Entities 0.3.0 package