Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Converting Native to URP so depressing!!

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by arkon, Oct 6, 2020.

1. arkon

arkon

I have a game which worked fine on Unity2020 native renderer, But as its still a work in progress I decided to change it to use Universal RP. I followed the unity tutorial and bang, it's all gone pink and nothing at all renders. I've then done the bit where Unity upgrades all the material so URP and still its all pink. My water doesn't render, my terrain is now gone, and not a single object in the scene renders. I get a ton of this error in the console too:

Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet. Trying to add _GrabTexture (type 3 count 1)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement with absolutely no idea how to proceed.

2. koirat

koirat

Been there, I feel your pain.
    Luckily I have focused mostly on logic in my project than graphics.

3. Tibor0991

Tibor0991

Did you set the pipeline asset in the Graphics tab?
    What happens when you place a random primitive in the scene?

4. arkon

arkon

Yes I set the pipeline in the graphics tab, I followed a couple of different tutorials on youtube. I tried adding objects but you could still see nothing. The only game elements I could see was the skybox and any NGUI drawn UI sprites.
    Terrain was pink, 3d meshes non existent, water pink.

Doesn't matter now as I gave up in despair and went back to native, whilst spending a huge amount of time debating whether I'd be better moving it to Unreal Engine!

5. andybak

andybak

Were the shaders that turned pink custom shaders or are they Unity's standard shader? (It's fairly well documented - and unsurprising if you think about it - that custom shaders can't be automatically converted).

If you could list the shaders you're having issues with then we might be able to suggest something but "stuff turned pink" doesn't give us much to go on.

Tibor0991 likes this.