Search Unity

Converting a PNG to a PSD? Help!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MrJake3142, Aug 11, 2013.

1. MrJake3142

MrJake3142

I made a new prefab of a cube, and added the cliff design to it. (from the Terrain assets), so I wanted to change it to something of my own! and I noticed that I do not know how to add my design or picture or whatever you call it into the cube in the prefab! I looked in the files of Terrain Assets, and found the images I was using for my prefab before, but the images were in PSD format, and my image was in PNG format, so, how do I do that?!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  2. SteveJ

SteveJ

You're going to need to give us a bit more detail :) Are you trying to convert a PNG to PSD as per the subject? Or something else? What is the prefab a prefab OF?

3. MrJake3142

MrJake3142

Sorry, I want to convert a PNG image to a PSD image, so I can view it in Unity 3D. The Prefab is of a cube, but I want to upload my own texture to the cube. I want to apply the PSD image to the cube. Or is there an easier way to add my own image to a prefab of a cube? See, I made a script that allows me to add cubes ingame, and I can choose the Prefab that it is placing, so I explored a bit in the files of Unity, and found the Terrain Assets, where I found the Grass and Cliff 'designs' (I am not sure what to call them) And I noticed that they are in PSD format, I wanted to add my own design to the file, but my design was in PNG format, so I want to know how to convert my PNG format picture into a PSD format picture, or do I just have to save the image with Photoshop??
    (new to java! Sorry!)

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Unity uses PNGs and PSDs.

Unity does not use java, it uses C#, Boo and Unityscript, which is not really like javascript.

None of the above has anything to do with prefabs. As you get used to unity, you'll be able to tell the differences.

5. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

You don't need to. If you have a PNG, just leave it as a PNG. Unity converts everything to an internal format anyway.

--Eric