Search Unity

Converted GameObject -> Entity is having its position reset to 0,0,0, but only in Standalone builds

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by sballew7, Dec 26, 2019.

1. sballew7

sballew7

I have a basic cube with a ConvertToEntity. In the editor, everything works as expected. When I Build & Run to a standalone build, I see the entity very briefly before it gets converted, and then it is gone. After some debugging, I see it's because it's moving to position 0,0,0, and even it's scale is being reset. It's also rendering pretty weird, and disappears when viewed from many angles.

I have seen threads that seemed kind of similar, but after adding a link.xml, using Mono instead of IL2CPP, removing Unity.Physics for potential incompatibilities, nothing is resolving it.

Has anybody encountered this, or have recommendations for how to further debug? Thanks.

2. sballew7

sballew7

3. sballew7

sballew7

Okay, I disabled SRP Batcher and it is now working as expected. I commented on the above issue, hopefully it gets fixed.

Jinjer88 likes this.
  4. Jinjer88

Jinjer88

I had the same issue on Android. 100 gameobjects converted to entity disappearing.
    I was looking for an answer. Thanks! I can confirm this, disabling SRP batcher from the URP settings worked for me too.

I'm working with Unity 2019.3.0f3 and URP. latest dots packages.