Search Unity

Convert translating animation to stay in place

Discussion in 'Animation' started by xofreshxo, Oct 29, 2020.

1. xofreshxo

xofreshxo

I have an animation from Mixamo that I would like to use for prototyping, it's called Sword and Shield Attack. In this animation, the character does a spin attack while moving forward. I want to use that animation but keeping the character in place because I will control the positioning/movement based on the gameplay. I've been using Mixamo for the other animations on my character but they all either 1)don't move the character or 2) have an option to keep the character "In Place".

The Sword and Shield Attack animation doesn't have an "In Place" option in Mixamo and I've tried to go through the keyframes and just translate the character back to its starting position for each frame but its not very accurate or clean, as I'm not an animator.

Is there an easy way to take an animation that translates the character forward and just keep the character in place?

I appreciate any help!

2. SenseEater

SenseEater

3. xofreshxo

xofreshxo

It's turned off on my character, the animation and character rig still move but it doesn't move my character controller. With this animation the rig spins forward and then at the end, resets back to the original position

4. xofreshxo

xofreshxo

I have also tried to Bake Into Pose the Rotation and the Position (XZ). I played around with most of the settings but I can never get the animation to stop moving forward. I am attaching an image of the animation inspector.

Attached Files:

nvllap likes this.
  5. Silent_Whisper

Silent_Whisper