Search Unity

Convert edge to polygon collider?

Discussion in '2D' started by Kaemalux, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Kaemalux

Kaemalux

Hello!
    Is it possible somehow to convert a complex collider in another type?
    I am using 2D toolkit, but it creates meshes and in 2D it results in edge colliders: the problem is that i cannot use them properly with some other features, so i am asking if it possible to convert the collider in another one, keeping same vertex.
    Thanks in advance, have a nice day! :)

Kaem

2. mgear

mgear

Probably could make editor script for that,
    - Take edgecollider vertices
    - assign them to polygoncollider verts

Or does it just work if you delete edgecollider, and add polygoncollider component ?
    (and you can multiselect many objects to do that for all)

3. Kaemalux

Kaemalux

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried to simply add polygon collider, but it is a complex mesh (made by 2D toolkit), so it simply add a polygon fitting the shape, but totally different from all vertices i need.

You suggested an editor script, as i am a newbie could you point me what should i do and where to start scripting. I read something on the manual, so i suppose i should use
    public function SetPath(index: int, points: Vector2[]): void;
    but actually i don't know how and where to set it properly. Could you gently give me a bit more help? ^^

4. mgear

mgear

Can you show image how it should look and how it came out with polygoncollider?

5. Kaemalux

Kaemalux

Sure, thanks. :)

Here it is

Exact collider is an edge one, built on the complex mesh derived by 2D toolkit. If i try to add a Polygon Collider 2D to the chunk, it is a simple pentagon without any consideration of vertices...

Did you understand? ^^

6. enhawk

enhawk

bump

just noticed that 2dToolKit does this, need solid colliders not these empty ones...

7. enhawk

enhawk

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    juelzsantana123 likes this.