Search Unity

Convert Absolute Filename To Package Relative

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by neil_sublime, Apr 12, 2019.

1. neil_sublime

neil_sublime

Is there a way to convert an absolute path into one that's relative to a package, so it can be used with the AssetDatabase?

For example, convert "C:/Work/SomePackage/SomeFile.cs" into "Packages/somepackage/SomeFile.cs".

My project uses a few local packages (libraries that we've created in-house). One of our debugging tools is trying to use AssetDatabase::LoadAssetAtPath() and OpenAsset() to open the source code in the editor.

The AssetDatabase doesn't like absolute filenames however, and wants them to start with "Assets/" or "Packages/". I can easily convert a filename into one relative to "Assets/", but not for "Packages/".

I tried using the PackageManager.Client API to get a list of packages and manually figure out which package the file belongs to, but that API is asynchronous and doesn't fit my needs.

2. GroZZleR

GroZZleR

If you make some assumptions, such as the last index of "Assets" being the project's root or the first index of your project's name, you can do it with a simple substring. I'm not sure how flexible you need it to be.

3. Ejlersen

Ejlersen

Currently, I have this. If it helps anyone.

Code (CSharp):
    1. private static string ToRelativePath(string path)
    2. {
    3.     var info = new FileInfo(path);
    4.     string absPath = info.FullName;
    5.     string[] arr = AssetDatabase.GetAllAssetPaths();
    7.     for (var i = 0; i < arr.Length; i++)
    8.     {
    9.         info = new FileInfo(arr[i]);
    11.         if (info.FullName.Equals(absPath))
    12.             return arr[i];
    13.     }
    15.     return string.Empty;
    16. }