Search Unity

Controlling physics tick on Unity ECS Physics - re-question

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by RadianceGames, Nov 8, 2019.

1. RadianceGames

RadianceGames

So I posted my question in the Physics previews forum and haven't gotten any answers.

Reposting it here.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/controlling-physics-tick-on-unity-ecs-physics.771635/

Reading through the resources provided, it is clear that the new experimental physics package is designed to be usable over the network due to it being stateless and deterministic.

I'm looking into building a network system that integrates well with this new package. However, to do so, I need a few clear controls:

1. I need to be able to manually call the physics tick, like with PhysX, where I can disable autosimulation and tick it myself. This is because, with a rollback system, I may need to tick 10 times to resimulate past frames.

2. I need to be able to ensure that global ticking happens at a fixed intervals. Fixed updating is key, and I don't see any settings to define tick rate.

3. Are there interpolation settings for the rendering? If I use a low tick frequency, the rendering will look very blocky without interpolation.

Looking at the image below - I'd like to clarify my question in stating that I need control to control everything from "Build Physics World" to "Export Physics World".

This is because I need to set the state, Step through the physics, and capture the exported state afterwards, in order to create network frames I can send over the network. I need to repeat this loop many times per frame.

2. AIProgrammer

AIProgrammer

ericprovencher likes this.