Search Unity

Controller input in Steam build

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Seiryu33, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Seiryu33

Seiryu33

So this is new problem. I finally set up a Steam account, followed all the steps to get my game to build on Steampipe but for some reason my Controller input isn't registering. I'm using X-Box One input since that's what Steam requires for controllers. My game has multiple scenes. Is there a step I'm missing? Is there something else I need to do when building the game?

Here's the steps I followed:

1. Build game in Steam_sdk_142>sdk>tools>ContentBuilder\content\windows_content.
    2. Open App_build. Enter the line "appid" "*insert AppID*". Enter the line "*appID+1" "depot_build_AppID+1.vdf" in the depots section.
    4. Open depot_build_AppID+1.vdf. Enter the line "DepotID" "AppID+1". Enter line "ContentRoot" "C:\Users\ My Computer\steamworks_ sdk_142\sdk\tools\ ContentBuilder\content\ windows_content"
    5. Right-click run_build.bat>Edit. Enter login, password, and enter
    "C:\Users\ My Computer\steamworks_ sdk_142\sdk\tools\ ContentBuilder\content\ windows_content".
    6. Double-click Run_build.bat

The controls work in a normal build but not in the Steam launch window. I'm using Unity 2018.1.0f2 and Playmaker.

2. kidmethuselah

kidmethuselah

Did you ever figure this out? Im using the same unity version