Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

2. Unity 2022.1 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your project's performance with our new guide on profiling in Unity.
    Dismiss Notice

Controller Emulator does not work

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by nickavv, Dec 3, 2016.

1. nickavv

nickavv

I've installed the Controller Emulator APK on my phone, and connected via USB to my computer. USB Debugging is enabled. In my Unity scene I have the GVRController prefab, and it's set to USB mode. The Controller Emulator app is open

When I hit play in the editor, there's a log message that it's trying to connect to 127.0.0.1:7003 (localhost for some reason) even though my Controller Emulator is showing a real IP address on the phone's screen. It gets a connection refused for localhost:7003 and gives up.

What else am I missing in the setup to make this work?

2. nickavv

nickavv

As another error message in the Unity log told me, I needed to add adb to my PATH environment variable. After doing that it connects (although the gyroscope seems to be inverted from when I use the real Daydream controller...)

3. jeffries7

jeffries7

I had the same issue, you have to add the adb.exe file path as a system variable in PATH.

Just noticed you posted that you fixed the issue, hopefully my image will guide other in the future.

unityunity