Search Unity

1. Going to #UniteBerlin? Bring a buddy & get 25% off the 2nd ticket! More info here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Famed game designer and creator of The Sims, SimCIty, and Spore is looking for a 3D artist to join their team. Join the challenge.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity 2017.4 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We've opened a new World Building sub-forum to faciltate all your world building discussions! Drop in and ask any ProBuilder, ProGrids, or PolyBrush questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Control Track and Particles

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by rt_jscott, Nov 22, 2017.

1. rt_jscott

rt_jscott

I've been using the control track to trigger on particles in my timeline. Its super cool that I can preview the particles in the timeline view and even scrub forwards and backwards with them. Unfortunately, I have a lot of problems as well. I'm curious if I'm using these wrong, if there are just a lot of bugs that will be fixed soon or if I should just attempt to implement my own sort of "Particle Track"

Problem 1 - Particles flicker wildly when simulation speed on the particle is not set to 1. I suppose we can change all our particles, but I'd like avoid this.

Problem 2 - When playing the actual game, I get the assertion failed: "Don't set random seed while system is playing!" I can't seem to figure this one out. My only work around is to mute the control track and switch to an activation once I'm done previewing the particle.

Problem 3 - I'd like to control how the particles disable. It would be great to select between stopping the particle outright or to just stop the emitters so the particle fades out more naturally when the clip ends.

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

All three are known issues with bugs logged (or related issues logged). We are planning to get to them soon.

3. Infrid

Infrid

any word on these? Would they cause problems in a build?

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Sorry, but they are still active bugs. We are hoping to address them soon.

5. sevensails

sevensails

Same problem here... Random Seed and Flicker errors!

6. thierry_unity

thierry_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, can you specify what version? we recently made a fix for those issues.

7. sevensails

sevensails

Hi! Unity 2017.3.1p4!

The problem only occurs if the Particle System is set as GameObject on a Control Track.