Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Control player direction on cut Scene animation?

Discussion in 'Virtual Production' started by Riario93, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Riario93

Riario93

Hey everybody,

I am going to focus these days on animations on a cut Scene. I would like to build an horror game with good cinematic. What's the best tool you use to do cut scene or other animation ? I am starting with Cinemachine you think can do mostly everything?

Also what if I want to record a cut Scene where I need to automatically move the player from one place to another ? kind of RealTime control Animation. Can I do it with cinemachine ?

thanks

2. hanisherif1997_unity

hanisherif1997_unity

Did you find an answer to this? I need to know how to move the player and program it so that it act in a certain way during cutscenes

lukeiszed likes this.
  3. lukeiszed

lukeiszed

Hello, can someone help please? I need to move player to a position when talking to a NPC (like a cutscene). I've tried to move player with NavMeshAgent attached to the player, it works only when the character is in a specific position, but in other most cases the player rotate around the destination point or glitch away from the destination position. I've tried to change Angular Speed, Stopping Distance and other settings but with no luck. I really don't get how to make a so common mechanics. Can be done with Cinemachine?