Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Continuous profiler errors

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by Xerioz, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Xerioz

Xerioz

I've been getting this message lately, it stops my profiler recording. Unpressing record and pressing it again fixes it until another error happens. This repeats continuously.

Unknown profiler data message in thread block: 2, previous message was 65535

I'm using a hybrid ECS systems in my project and to be honest I had this for so long that I have no idea when this started. I'm quite sure it never happened in 2018.3

2. Sibz9000

Sibz9000

I had this, there was a handle.Complete() missing somewhere.

3. Sibz9000

Sibz9000

I had the issue again, still not sure on the cause. I submitted a bug report last time that suggested the handle.Complete(). I was unable to confirm as the project changed significantly by the time they got back to me, so requested the project back from the original report but they closed the bug due to no response :(.

I have a feeling it can be caused by jobs that have no dependencies therefore not returned as dependency in the system, this can cause the job to run in different frame and/or multiple frames and maybe the cause of this issue.

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The report will automatically be reopened if you reply to the email thread. If you have any new information that could help to track this down, please don't hesitate to share it via email.

Sibz9000 likes this.
  5. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

Thanks for reporting the issue!
    What was the bug# you've reported? I believe that the fix has landed to 2019.2.0a10.

Xerioz and Sibz9000 like this.
  6. Sibz9000

Sibz9000

Um, I looked up online from FogBugz and appears to have been replied to, but I didn't actually get the email.

Thanks, I will ask some questions on the bug report. It seems I may not be doing something quite right, but I am not understanding it completely.

7. Sibz9000

Sibz9000

@Xerioz
    My exact case was that I was running a job from OnUpdate, and after scheduling the job I used EntityManager.RemoveComponent, which sometimes would conflict with the scheduled job.
    My fix is not the JobHandle.Complete() suggestion, but to use another job to remove the component and use the first job as a dependency

8. Xerioz

Xerioz

I have way too many jobified systems running around, most of them are as simple as one small function so this might be a bit tricky to find the error. I'll wait for the a10 version and see if it helps, otherwise I'll try to follow your suggestion @Sibz9000. Thanks!

9. Vaspra

Vaspra

I am getting this alot lately too, alongside other errors. Only occurs since 2019.2 alpha. I have used ECS in the past with this project but have since deleted it until further updates can be made to it. Still getting the errors though :/

10. Sibz9000

Sibz9000

@Vaspra is this with the latest alpha 11 that just got released? I'm hoping it's fixed in this version.

11. id0

id0

I have this error just now in 2019-2-0a11

12. Bonkahe

Bonkahe

I am now getting this error, but only once and then my profiler ceases function, usually happens maybe 10-15 seconds into profiling, and I have no ecs packages or job packages installed, only vr related packages.

13. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The last part of the fix for this issue has landed and will be in next weeks release.

FROS7 and Xerioz like this.
  14. herb_nice

herb_nice

I am trying 2019.1.4f1 and still get this error in the editor periodically. not doing anything fancy with jobs or entities, either.

15. DeathRace26

DeathRace26

Unknown profiler data message in thread block: 12133, previous message was 65535
    also, profiler does not work after that. When i first launch unity, profiler runs good. On second run, this exact message appears and profiler stops to work

alexeyzakharov likes this.
  16. Flufferbat

Flufferbat

Unknown profiler data message in thread block: 2, previous message was 65535
    mmm..

17. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

Hi!
    Which version do you see this in? The latest 2019.2?

DeathRace26 likes this.
  18. DeathRace26

DeathRace26

I use 2018.4.8f1

19. wildframemedia

wildframemedia

I can verify that this is happening on 2019.2.9; I don't think this happened back on 2019.2.3 but I've recently updated and it started happening.

20. DeathRace26

DeathRace26

I actually updated to 2018.4.11f, these profiler issues completely dissapeared. Can i know how possibly this could happen, unity devs?? Its something that is still same, how it could become broken?? This is similar to cloth boundary issue that happened to me just because i updated to newer "stable" version. This makes no sense to me...

21. alexeyzakharov

alexeyzakharov

I think it wasn't really fixed in a first place - we've fixed what we could reproduce and added test for it. However, we might not had covered all cases.

Do you mind filing a bug please? It would greatly help with figuring out the reason.

DeathRace26 likes this.
  22. wildframemedia

wildframemedia

I've tried reproducing the issue now and can't manage to do so. I though it might've been due to the changes I've done since Monday (could be related to installing the memory profiler or fixing a severe memory leak) but I've gone back to the commit where the issue was happening and I can't manage to reproduce it there either. I've left the profiler running for a good ten minutes and it still goes like a charm. I'll follow up on the issue if it happens to me again.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019