Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Continuous error messages while not in play mode, then blank inspector

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by MariusRu, Dec 2, 2019.

1. MariusRu

MariusRu

Dear Forum,

I've encountered a strange problem: A project which worked without problems before still works when I hit play. However, it starts to throw the following two errors which keep coming ad infinitum even after I stopped the game:
    - GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced....
    - TypeLoadException: Could not load type UnityEngine.Experimental.Audio.Google.GvrAudioRoom...

Clicking on them does not open any script, so I'm left in the dark as to where they may come from. Moreoever, after I've stopped the game (not when first opening it up), the inspector turns blank. Here I'm only allowed to choose "Reset" (see image), which does nothing.

Any ideas or hints where I might even begin to look for a solution?
    I use Unity 2018.4.3f1.

Best,
    Marius

Attached Files:

2. MSplitz-PsychoK

MSplitz-PsychoK

The GUI Error is one I would usually see on an editor script used to modify the inspector, which makes sense considering your inspector is blank. It usually means you've started more GUILayout "blocks" (or GUIClips) than you've ended (for example, you may have called GUILayout.BeginScrollView() without calling GUILayout.EndScrollView())

The second error is probably either causing your first error, or is caused by the same thing as your first error. It mentions some sort of experimental Google AudioRoom. I'm not familiar with that, but I would start by looking at any editor scripts relating to "AudioRoom", experimental features, or Google.

An Editor script is a script that is usually found in a folder called "Editor", has "using UnityEditor" somewhere in the code, and might have "#if UNITY_EDITOR" somewhere in the code.

Good luck!